We will cross bridge when we reach it: Nitish on NDA future
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said that his party JD(U) will take a final decision on the NDA`s prime ministerial candidate at the appropriate time.
"There is no question of exercising veto ... JD(U) has made its views very clear," Kumar told reporters after a `Janata ke darbar mein Mukhya Mantri` programme in an apparent reference to state deputy chief minister Sushil Kumar Modi`s recent comment that none could exercise veto in a democracy.
"Coalition runs on the basis of `sahmati` (agreement) and not `asahmati` (disagreement). Alliance runs on understanding between partners and not on the basis of `majboori` (helplessness)," Kumar said.
"Vajpayeeji`s time was the benchmark of the alliance," he said, referring to what kind of person should occupy a PM`s post and how the NDA coalition ran successfully under Atal Bihari Vajpayee who took everyone along.
Asked about future of the alliance and chance of a breakup between the NDA allies, Kumar said, "We will cross the bridge when we reach it. Media is blowing things out of proportion even when we are on the way and far away from the bridge."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player