We will cross bridge when we reach it: Nitish on NDA future
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said that his party JD(U) will take a final decision on the NDA`s prime ministerial candidate at the appropriate time.
"There is no question of exercising veto ... JD(U) has made its views very clear," Kumar told reporters after a `Janata ke darbar mein Mukhya Mantri` programme in an apparent reference to state deputy chief minister Sushil Kumar Modi`s recent comment that none could exercise veto in a democracy.
"Coalition runs on the basis of `sahmati` (agreement) and not `asahmati` (disagreement). Alliance runs on understanding between partners and not on the basis of `majboori` (helplessness)," Kumar said.
"Vajpayeeji`s time was the benchmark of the alliance," he said, referring to what kind of person should occupy a PM`s post and how the NDA coalition ran successfully under Atal Bihari Vajpayee who took everyone along.
Asked about future of the alliance and chance of a breakup between the NDA allies, Kumar said, "We will cross the bridge when we reach it. Media is blowing things out of proportion even when we are on the way and far away from the bridge."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore