We will cross bridge when we reach it: Nitish on NDA future
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said that his party JD(U) will take a final decision on the NDA`s prime ministerial candidate at the appropriate time.
"There is no question of exercising veto ... JD(U) has made its views very clear," Kumar told reporters after a `Janata ke darbar mein Mukhya Mantri` programme in an apparent reference to state deputy chief minister Sushil Kumar Modi`s recent comment that none could exercise veto in a democracy.
"Coalition runs on the basis of `sahmati` (agreement) and not `asahmati` (disagreement). Alliance runs on understanding between partners and not on the basis of `majboori` (helplessness)," Kumar said.
"Vajpayeeji`s time was the benchmark of the alliance," he said, referring to what kind of person should occupy a PM`s post and how the NDA coalition ran successfully under Atal Bihari Vajpayee who took everyone along.
Asked about future of the alliance and chance of a breakup between the NDA allies, Kumar said, "We will cross the bridge when we reach it. Media is blowing things out of proportion even when we are on the way and far away from the bridge."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Wow! This self-driving robot can deliver food to your door (Watch)
- 2nd conviction in coal scam; 3 top officials of Rathi steel convicted
- Photo alert! ‘Baazigar’ jodi Shah Rukh Khan-Shilpa Shetty looks like this now
- Flipkart-owned Myntra acquires Jabong for an undisclosed amount
- Sandeep Dikshit unhappy with Ajay Maken? Says can't accept a leadership whose objective was to discredit Sheila Dikshit