We will move SC if Ayodhya verdict against us: Owaisi
Hyderabad: The Muslim community would maintain peace and move the Supreme Court if the verdict in the Ayodhya case, expected Sep 14, does not go in their favour, Lok Sabha MP from Hyderabad Asaduddin Owaisi said here Thursday.
The president of the Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) is confident that Sep 24 verdict by the Lucknow bench of the Allahabad High Court would be in favour of the Muslims.
"If Allah forbid the verdict does not come in our favour we will appeal in the Supreme Court. We have full faith in the Almighty Allah that the verdict will go in our favour," the Hyderabad MP told a huge gathering at Masjid-e-Azizia here.
"We need not celebrate or dance when the court verdict comes. We have to self introspect whether we are doing enough to protect our mosques."
"Temple never existed there. It was a mosque. The Sangh Parivar demolished the mosque in full public view," Owaisi said.
The 16th century Babri Masjid was demolished by radical Hindu activists on Dec 6, 1992 on grounds that it was built on the birthplace of Lord Ram. The long awaited title suit in the case is expected Sep 24.
The Muslim Personal Law Board, the apex body of Indian Muslims, has already declared that Muslims will abide by the court`s verdict.
The Hyderabad MP dubbed the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) the biggest terrorist organisation of the country.
"The first terrorist of independent India was Nathuram Godse, who assassinated Mahatma Gandhi. The demolition of Babri Masjid is the proof of their terrorism," he said.
Referring to Home Minister P. Chidambaram`s use of the term "saffron terror" and the flak that he got for it, Owaisi said he should have openly called it Hindu terrorism.
"When there can be jehadi, Muslim and Islamist terrorists, why can`t there be Hindu terrorists. Now you are saying terrorism can`t be linked to the religion but you have been doing the same and humiliating us for 15 years."
The London educated barrister referred to the disappearance of 60 trucks carrying 850 tonnes of explosives from a factory in Rajasthan and said it was a matter of serious concern in view of plans by some elements to create disturbances after the Ayodhya verdict.
The Muslim leader stressed that Muslims strongly condemned the 9/11 terror attack, and said the identity of those who planned and carried out the attacks remained a mystery.
Condemning the plans of an American pastor to burn copies of Quran, Owaisi said, "The Florida pastor who plans to burn the Quran on Sep 10 is a fool. He should know that Quran mentions Prophet Eisa (Jesus) by his name, whom the Christians consider son of God, 25 times."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked