We will not let the blood of our men go waste: CRPF
New Delhi: After suffering a major blow at the hands of Naxals in Chhattisgarh, the CRPF on Friday said it will not let the blood of its men go waste and take the battle
against the Maoists forward with a hardened resolve.
"We will not let this blood go waste. I pledge to carry
forward the battle," CRPF Special Director General (North) NK
Tripathi said at the force`s Valour Day event here.
Asked if the force was feeling demoralised after the
Dantewada attack in which 75 CRPF personnel were wiped out in
an ambush on April 6, he said, "There is no question of our
moral being hit. As a matter of fact, our resolve to fight has
Tripathi said the force will take more time to understand
the mistakes committed and the right strategy adopted by the
The senior CRPF official said he does not agree with
certain media reports regarding lack of training in the force
and that the particular company which was attacked in
Dantewada had not been given the required training.
"The men were trained and were given all the weaponry
available," he said. Asked what kind of training was given to
the particular company, Tripathi said, "All trainings,
including jungle warfare training, were provided."
Earlier, Home Minister P Chidambaram awarded medals to
officers and personnel of the force at the function.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan