We would like Mamata to support Pranab: Congress
New Delhi: Reiterating that the Congress party would appeal to all sections to back the candidature of Pranab Mukherjee for the post of President, the Congress on Monday said that they respected APJ Abdul Kalam and that the former president would take the correct decision on the issue.
Addressing a press conference in the national capital, Congress spokesperson Manish Tiwari said that the party would appeal to its key ally Mamata Banerjee to support the candidature of Pranab Mukherjee. “Pranab Mukherjee has addressed Mamata as her sister,” he reminded everyone.
He also said that it was unfortunate that some people have got into the habit of pointing allegations at those who have served the public for so long. This was in response to a question to the objections of Team Anna at the candidature of Pranab Mukherjee for the post of President by the UPA. Key Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal had said yesterday that the Finance Minister was not the best suited person to be the President as there were charges of corruption against him and that he should be probed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?