Weatherman sends out fog warning for North India
Lucknow: Most parts of Uttar Pradesh would come under a thick blanket of fog early morning and late night, in coming days, the meterological office said Monday.
The fog is only to be expected, after snowfall in Kashmir Valley, Himachal Pradesh and parts of Uttarakhand, over the past week, Met officials said.
Regional Director of the Met office, J.P. Gupta said that with the onset of fog, even the cold would increase considerably.
Day temperatures would dip further, and fog would be severe in the western parts of Uttar Pradesh, where air and rail traffic could take a hit.
Fog would set in later this week over the eastern parts of Uttar Pradesh, and rains in this part of the state would compound problems, the weatherman predicts.
Mercury dipped in many parts of the state in the past 24 hours; the lowest temperature in the state was recorded at 7.7 degrees Celsius in Fatehgarh.
Municipal corporations in many places have decided to roll out the `bonfire` scheme to enable the poor and the homeless to get some respite.
Arrangements to battle the expected chill are also being made around the Kumbh area in the Sangam city of Allahabad, where saints, seers and the devout have begun to trickle in for the Maha Kumbh 2013, set to begin Jan 14.
The state government has ordered district magistrates to ensure that adequate and warm shelters are provided for the displaced and the homeless in all districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi