Wednesday: Deadliest day for IED blasts, bombings in 2012
New Delhi: Wednesday has proved to be the deadliest as a maximum number of bombings and IED blasts in the country last year took place on this day of the week.
Out of the total 241 Improvised Explosive Device (IED) explosions across the country last year, a maximum of 47 incidents took place on Wednesday followed by 37 incidents on the preceding day of the week, Tuesday.
Thursday and Friday saw 35 such incidents, while Sunday saw 32 IED blasts, Monday 28 and Saturday registered 27 such explosions.
The data has been compiled and released by the National Bomb Data Centre (NBDC) of the NSG which is the national repository of such incidents, its causes and analysis in the country.
The centre is based at the National Security Guard (NSG) garrison in Manesar in Gurgaon.
The NBDC, which aims to minimise the effect of these blasts by way of educating and training security forces officials and personnel, also reported that 77 percent of these incidents (185) were caused due to high explosives while the remaining 56 incidents (23 percent) were due to low explosives blast.
The largest number of such blasts were aimed to hit the public (117 incidents making it 49 percent) while security and police forces bore the brunt in 90 instances constituting 37 percent of the total number of targets of these blasts which maimed or killed many of the victims.
During the last year, a total of 113 people, including security forces (66) were killed in these blasts carried out either by IEDs or regular explosives. A total of 419 people were injured in these blasts in 2012.
As many as 325 unexploded IEDs were also recovered during the same period.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BCCI announces Team India squad for Bangladesh tour
- Sudha Shivpuri aka 'Baa' of 'Kyuki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi' dies
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- Bihar Intermediate Result 2015 declared