We’re very happy: DMK’s Baalu on Raja getting bail
New Delhi: DMK leaders on Tuesday expressed happiness on A Raja, former telecommunications minister, getting bail in the 2G scam.
Speaking to a news channel, former Union minister and senior DMK leader TR Baalu said, “We are very happy… all DMK members are very happy.”
Baalu said he along with other DMK MPs was on way to Tihar Jail to meet Raja, who is likely to be released from prison by this evening.
Responding to a question, Baalu said till Raja is proven guilty the party will stand behind him.
"He will prove his innocence," the DMK leader added.
On 2G petitioner Subramanian Swamy’s remarks that Raja getting bail will not affect the trial, Baalu said “what Swamy says is immaterial to us”.
Meanwhile, Raja’s wife said it’s a long battle ahead for them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea