We’re very happy: DMK’s Baalu on Raja getting bail
New Delhi: DMK leaders on Tuesday expressed happiness on A Raja, former telecommunications minister, getting bail in the 2G scam.
Speaking to a news channel, former Union minister and senior DMK leader TR Baalu said, “We are very happy… all DMK members are very happy.”
Baalu said he along with other DMK MPs was on way to Tihar Jail to meet Raja, who is likely to be released from prison by this evening.
Responding to a question, Baalu said till Raja is proven guilty the party will stand behind him.
"He will prove his innocence," the DMK leader added.
On 2G petitioner Subramanian Swamy’s remarks that Raja getting bail will not affect the trial, Baalu said “what Swamy says is immaterial to us”.
Meanwhile, Raja’s wife said it’s a long battle ahead for them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump