We’re very happy: DMK’s Baalu on Raja getting bail
New Delhi: DMK leaders on Tuesday expressed happiness on A Raja, former telecommunications minister, getting bail in the 2G scam.
Speaking to a news channel, former Union minister and senior DMK leader TR Baalu said, “We are very happy… all DMK members are very happy.”
Baalu said he along with other DMK MPs was on way to Tihar Jail to meet Raja, who is likely to be released from prison by this evening.
Responding to a question, Baalu said till Raja is proven guilty the party will stand behind him.
"He will prove his innocence," the DMK leader added.
On 2G petitioner Subramanian Swamy’s remarks that Raja getting bail will not affect the trial, Baalu said “what Swamy says is immaterial to us”.
Meanwhile, Raja’s wife said it’s a long battle ahead for them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past