West Bengal BJP discusses poll strategy for 2014 LS polls
Kolkata: Intending to fight all 42 seats in West Bengal in next year`s Lok Sabha election, BJP on Sunday discussed its poll strategy on the last day of its two-day state executive committee meeting here.
Hoping to put up a good show in the elections, party general secretary Varun Gandhi released a set of guidelines for district leaders to strengthen the organisation.
Briefing reporters after the meeting, BJP state chief Rahul Sinha said activities like the executive committee meeting would continue till Kali Puja and Diwali, to be followed by a series of public meetings to be addressed by national leaders including Narendra Modi.
"Our appeal to the electorate will be not to waste their votes on TMC or the CPI(M)-led LF since no party other than BJP and Congress will be able to form government at the Centre on its own," Sinha said.
Varun Gandhi, who is also the observer for West Bengal, believed that the environment was in favour of their good show under the leadership of prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, Sinha said.
He said that Narendra Modi would address two public meetings in the state at the end of December and mid-January and party president Rajnath Singh and general secretary Varun Gandhi would be present at a programme here tomorrow.
Criticising Trinamool Congress, Sinha claimed that resentment in the party had already surfaced. "If resentment can be so acute in two-and-a-half years, one can only guess what form it will take in five years," he said.
He claimed that many TMC leaders were ready to leave the party and said his party would welcome them.
BJP`s co-observer for West Bengal Siddharth Nath Singh said anti-incumbency had already set in in the state with public resentment growing against the government on a range of issues including the chit fund scandal.
"Now what is happening on the issue including suspension of party MP Kunal Bose is nothing but an eye-wash. The party knew everything. Why did it not take any step earlier?" Singh posed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note