What did Sunanda Pushkar tell Nalini Singh about Mehr Tarar in her last phone call?
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: A day after Sunanda Pushkar, wife of Union Minister Shashi Tharoor was found dead in a luxurious hotel in New Delhi, veteran journalist Nalini Singh has said that Sunanda, her friend, had called her up on the intervening night of Jan 16-Jan 17 and she appeared very distraught.
Speaking to Zee News, Nalini said that Sunanda sounded too depressed over the alleged relationship between her husband and Pakistani journalist Mehr Tarar.
Nalini added that Sunanda, who called her at 12:10am on 17th Jan, was sobbing as she talked about the communication, including the emails and the BBMs exchanged between Mehr Tarar and Shashi Tharoor.
Nalini says she intends to share the details of her conversation, which is also reportedly her last phone call, with the police.
The love triangle war raging over the social media network Twitter took an ugly turn on Jan 17, when Sunanada Pushkar`s dead body was found from Hotel Leela Palace in New Delhi.
Sunanada`s autopsy was performed in the AIIMS and the doctors said that she had died a “sudden and unnatural” death.
The post-mortem report revealed there were injury marks on Sunanda`s body, heightening the mystery over her death.
"After post-mortem examination, we found that it was a case of sudden unnatural death, Sudhir Kumar Gupta, head of the department of forensic medicine at AIIMS said.
"There were certain injury marks on the body. Since the investigating agency is probing the issue and there are certain issues with the injury, the details cannot be revealed," Gupta, who was part of a three-member team that conducted the autopsy, added.
Reports added that Sunanda`s death might have been caused by an overdose of drugs.
Sunanda`s remains were consigned to flames at the Lodhi Road crematorium, with her son Shiv menon and father PN Dass in tears.
52-year old Sunada was staying at Leela Palace Hotel with her husband Shashi Tharoor, as their house was being painted.
Sunanda had recently got herself checked up at Kerala Institute of Medical Sciences (KIMS) however the doctors say she didn`t suffer from any fatal disease.
A probe into her death has been ordered by the sub-divisional magistrate of the area.
Shashi Tharoor, who was himself hospitalised after chest pain, hours after his wife`s death, will record his statement before the Sub-Divisional Magistrate on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note