What did Sunanda Pushkar tell Nalini Singh about Mehr Tarar in her last phone call?
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: A day after Sunanda Pushkar, wife of Union Minister Shashi Tharoor was found dead in a luxurious hotel in New Delhi, veteran journalist Nalini Singh has said that Sunanda, her friend, had called her up on the intervening night of Jan 16-Jan 17 and she appeared very distraught.
Speaking to Zee News, Nalini said that Sunanda sounded too depressed over the alleged relationship between her husband and Pakistani journalist Mehr Tarar.
Nalini added that Sunanda, who called her at 12:10am on 17th Jan, was sobbing as she talked about the communication, including the emails and the BBMs exchanged between Mehr Tarar and Shashi Tharoor.
Nalini says she intends to share the details of her conversation, which is also reportedly her last phone call, with the police.
The love triangle war raging over the social media network Twitter took an ugly turn on Jan 17, when Sunanada Pushkar`s dead body was found from Hotel Leela Palace in New Delhi.
Sunanada`s autopsy was performed in the AIIMS and the doctors said that she had died a “sudden and unnatural” death.
The post-mortem report revealed there were injury marks on Sunanda`s body, heightening the mystery over her death.
"After post-mortem examination, we found that it was a case of sudden unnatural death, Sudhir Kumar Gupta, head of the department of forensic medicine at AIIMS said.
"There were certain injury marks on the body. Since the investigating agency is probing the issue and there are certain issues with the injury, the details cannot be revealed," Gupta, who was part of a three-member team that conducted the autopsy, added.
Reports added that Sunanda`s death might have been caused by an overdose of drugs.
Sunanda`s remains were consigned to flames at the Lodhi Road crematorium, with her son Shiv menon and father PN Dass in tears.
52-year old Sunada was staying at Leela Palace Hotel with her husband Shashi Tharoor, as their house was being painted.
Sunanda had recently got herself checked up at Kerala Institute of Medical Sciences (KIMS) however the doctors say she didn`t suffer from any fatal disease.
A probe into her death has been ordered by the sub-divisional magistrate of the area.
Shashi Tharoor, who was himself hospitalised after chest pain, hours after his wife`s death, will record his statement before the Sub-Divisional Magistrate on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Maharashtra Board HSC Examination Results 2016: (maharesult.nic.in) MSBSHSE Class 12th Result 2016, Maharashtra Board Plus two Result to be declared on May 25 (today)
- Six more arrested for attack on Punjab spiritual leader Sant Baba Ranjit Singh Dhadrianwale
- IPL 9: RCB skipper Virat Kohli 81-run short to create history this season
- Second seed Andy Murray battles into French Open second round
- Watch video: Furious and stormy young sun seeded life on Earth, says NASA