What will Rajesh and Nupur Talwar do in Dasna jail
Ghaziabad: A day after their conviction, parents of slain Aarushi Talwar were on Wednesday assigned new roles by the Jail authorities, which alloted dentist Rajesh Talwar the responsibility of assisting prison`s medical team while his wife Nupur will don the hat of a teacher.
"Nupur Talwar will now be known as jail teacher while Rajesh will work as an assistant in Dasna Jail hospital. Both are highly educated, and job allotted to them is the best for them as per their qualification. The dentist couple will also be given remuneration according to rules," said Jail Superintendent Vireshraj Sharma.
Sharma said that they started work from today and would be on work from 10 AM to 5 PM every day except Sunday.
The officer said that Rajesh and Nupur Talwar have been lodged in barrack number 11 and 13 with other 11 inmates and 35 prisoners respectively.
Rajesh Talwar was allotted prisoner number 9342 while Nupur got prisoner number 9343, he said. "The will not be given VIP treatment inside the jail," he said.
"Nupur and Rajesh are reading novels. When Nupur reached the jail, she took three novels with her. They are now spending most of their times in their barracks. They did not read today`s newspapers," said Sharma.
Nupur has given a list of some books which jail authorities are trying to provide her from the jail`s library.
The dentist couple were yesterday sentenced to life term by a CBI court after they were convicted of killing their daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj five-and-a-half years ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- 6.8 magnitude earthquake hits Myanmar; tremors felt in northeast, Kolkata, Patna, Guwahati
- Did OP Jaisha lie about official apathy in Rio? Here is her co-runner's version
- Can bear body odour, not bad breath: Ranveer Singh
- Tamil actor Vijay's father undergoes surgery after fall
- Here's what Scorpene-class submarines leaked documents reveal