What will Rajesh and Nupur Talwar do in Dasna jail
Ghaziabad: A day after their conviction, parents of slain Aarushi Talwar were on Wednesday assigned new roles by the Jail authorities, which alloted dentist Rajesh Talwar the responsibility of assisting prison`s medical team while his wife Nupur will don the hat of a teacher.
"Nupur Talwar will now be known as jail teacher while Rajesh will work as an assistant in Dasna Jail hospital. Both are highly educated, and job allotted to them is the best for them as per their qualification. The dentist couple will also be given remuneration according to rules," said Jail Superintendent Vireshraj Sharma.
Sharma said that they started work from today and would be on work from 10 AM to 5 PM every day except Sunday.
The officer said that Rajesh and Nupur Talwar have been lodged in barrack number 11 and 13 with other 11 inmates and 35 prisoners respectively.
Rajesh Talwar was allotted prisoner number 9342 while Nupur got prisoner number 9343, he said. "The will not be given VIP treatment inside the jail," he said.
"Nupur and Rajesh are reading novels. When Nupur reached the jail, she took three novels with her. They are now spending most of their times in their barracks. They did not read today`s newspapers," said Sharma.
Nupur has given a list of some books which jail authorities are trying to provide her from the jail`s library.
The dentist couple were yesterday sentenced to life term by a CBI court after they were convicted of killing their daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj five-and-a-half years ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- OROP implementation after Bihar poll, says Manohar Parrikar
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men