When Thatcher was bowled over by the Taj Mahal!
New Delhi: Iron Lady Margaret Thatcher, who visited India several times, was bowled over by the beauty of the Taj Mahal and described it as "absolutely exquisite".
"It is, I think, the most beautiful place I have ever been to and it is even more beautiful when you see it than any picture. It is absolutely beautiful," the Margaret Thatcher Foundation quotes her as telling reporters before her visit to India in 1981.
"I went very early in the morning last time (in the late 1970s). I would love to go again, but time does not permit. It is exquisite; that is the only word I can use. Absolutely exquisite," she had said.
Britain`s first and only woman Prime Minister on Monday died of a stroke in London at the age of 87.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- British PM Theresa May rules out post-Brexit Irish border control
- AAP to petition HC over 'false' cases used to 'frame' its MLAs
- Hair-raising CCTV footage: MP labourer touches high-voltage live electric wire – See what happens next
- Sonam Kapoor's look in next film mix of high-end fashion, ethnic
- One arrest in Bangladesh over boy`s gruesome killing