When Thatcher was bowled over by the Taj Mahal!
New Delhi: Iron Lady Margaret Thatcher, who visited India several times, was bowled over by the beauty of the Taj Mahal and described it as "absolutely exquisite".
"It is, I think, the most beautiful place I have ever been to and it is even more beautiful when you see it than any picture. It is absolutely beautiful," the Margaret Thatcher Foundation quotes her as telling reporters before her visit to India in 1981.
"I went very early in the morning last time (in the late 1970s). I would love to go again, but time does not permit. It is exquisite; that is the only word I can use. Absolutely exquisite," she had said.
Britain`s first and only woman Prime Minister on Monday died of a stroke in London at the age of 87.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray