When tolerance runs out, slapping only option: Anna
Ralegan Siddhi: In remarks that could stoke a fresh controversy, Gandhian Anna Hazare Tuesday night said a person is left with no option other than going for a
slap when his power of tolerance of corruption runs out.
"When a man`s power of tolerance runs out, then whoever is in front of you, if a slap is given, then the brain is put back in place. That is the only road open now", Hazare told reporters after watching the Hindi film `Gali Gali Chor Hai` based on the common man`s fight against corruption.
A special screening of the movie was held for the anti-graft crusader at his native village Ralegan Siddhi tonight in the presence of the film`s crew.
On November 24 last year, Hazare had sparked a row by appearing to approve of the slapping of Union Minister Sharad Pawar by a youth in Delhi. He had, however, later condemned the attack on Pawar.
Anna saw the entire film whose screening ended at around 10 pm and expressed satisfaction over it, Hazare`s aide Datta Awari told a news agency.
Actors Akshaye Khanna, Shriya Saran and Mugdha Godse, all part of the film, director Rumi Jafferey, and producers Nitin Manmohan and Sanjay Punamija, were among those who attended the screening held near the Shantiniketan ground, Awari said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price