When will Poonam Pandey strip, ask netizens
New Delhi: Now that India has won the World Cup, netizens are keen to know where is model Poonam Pandey and if she would actually run naked as promised."Did anyone see Poonam Pandey," asked financial analyst Mukesh Jagota on Facebook.
Much before India won, amateur filmmaker Sanjib Kumar Roy had posted: I don`t promise to anything wild ..if India wins...but surely shall look for Poonam Panday online....... : ) Now Team India must win...pls win the match for us....
"some body tell me where is POONAM PANDEY . . .BTW . .CONGRATS EVERYBODY," was his status message after Indian had sealed its victory.
"ASK HER FATHER..." replied his friend Govindan Saravanan, a reference to the model`s assertion that her family supported her decision.
However, Poonam made no mention of her promise on her Twitter page.
"and the MAGIC WORKED!!!! :) Thanx lot guys for such Lovely Replys," was her latest tweet (11.14 pm. Saturday)
Before that, her response to India`s s victory had been:
"wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and "Vande Mataram!!!"
This was despite the model reiterating her promise early Thursday. "3 days to go to Complete my Promise to INDIA :)" she tweeted, a few hours after India thrashed Pakistan by 29 runs in the semifinal held in Mohali, near Chandigarh.
A few hours later, she posted: "I am a New Generaion Girl!!! Any thing for my Country to get Home the World Cup So INDIA Cheer with me That we need 1983 BACK..."
She is not the first one to pledge to go naked if her country wins.
Model Larissa Riquelme had promised to run nude if her country, Paraguay, won the football World Cup last year. Paraguay lost, but she ran naked anyway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list