Where is rape-accused Narayan Sai?
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Narayan Sai, the son of controversial godman Asaram Bapu, who has been arrested on charges of sexual assault, continues to evade law as the investigating officials are still groping in the dark and remain clueless about his whereabouts.
As per reports, the Gujarat police have so far raided as many as eleven locations in the last seventeen days in search of Narayan Sai, but the self-styled godman managed to give officials a slip every time they reached closer to arrest him.
Among the 11 locations where Narayan Sai was reportedly traced are - Jaipur, Agra, Delhi, Haryana, Chindwara, MP-Rajasthan border, Sheopur, Dhar, Ratlam, Shivani and Dharamshala.
Recently, revered spiritual guru Sri Sri Ravi Shankar too made an appeal to Sai and asked him to surrender and present his case `boldly` if he thinks he has not committed any offence.
Asaram’s son has been on the run since a complaint of rape was filed against him in Surat, Gujarat on October 6. Surat Police had registered complaints filed by two sisters - one against Asaram and another against his son Sai - of rape, sexual assault, illegal confinement and other charges.
The elder of the two sisters, in her complaint, had accused Asaram of sexual assault between 1997 and 2006 during the time she had been living in his ashram on the outskirts of Ahmedabad city.
The younger sister had filed a complaint against Sai, accusing him of repeated sexual assault between 2002 and 2005 when she was living in their Surat ashram. The whereabouts of Sai are not known.
A joint team of Gujarat and Bihar Police on October 18 searched an ashram in Darbhanga to nab Narayan Sai but failed to find him.
Asaram was arrested by Rajasthan Police last month for sexually assaulting a 16-year-old girl at his ashram near Jodhpur. He has been booked under various sections of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act and the Indian Penal Code.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack