Where is rape-accused Narayan Sai?
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Narayan Sai, the son of controversial godman Asaram Bapu, who has been arrested on charges of sexual assault, continues to evade law as the investigating officials are still groping in the dark and remain clueless about his whereabouts.
As per reports, the Gujarat police have so far raided as many as eleven locations in the last seventeen days in search of Narayan Sai, but the self-styled godman managed to give officials a slip every time they reached closer to arrest him.
Among the 11 locations where Narayan Sai was reportedly traced are - Jaipur, Agra, Delhi, Haryana, Chindwara, MP-Rajasthan border, Sheopur, Dhar, Ratlam, Shivani and Dharamshala.
Recently, revered spiritual guru Sri Sri Ravi Shankar too made an appeal to Sai and asked him to surrender and present his case `boldly` if he thinks he has not committed any offence.
Asaram’s son has been on the run since a complaint of rape was filed against him in Surat, Gujarat on October 6. Surat Police had registered complaints filed by two sisters - one against Asaram and another against his son Sai - of rape, sexual assault, illegal confinement and other charges.
The elder of the two sisters, in her complaint, had accused Asaram of sexual assault between 1997 and 2006 during the time she had been living in his ashram on the outskirts of Ahmedabad city.
The younger sister had filed a complaint against Sai, accusing him of repeated sexual assault between 2002 and 2005 when she was living in their Surat ashram. The whereabouts of Sai are not known.
A joint team of Gujarat and Bihar Police on October 18 searched an ashram in Darbhanga to nab Narayan Sai but failed to find him.
Asaram was arrested by Rajasthan Police last month for sexually assaulting a 16-year-old girl at his ashram near Jodhpur. He has been booked under various sections of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act and the Indian Penal Code.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says