Whistle-blowers Bill passed by Lok Sabha
New Delhi: The Lok Sabha late Tuesday night passed the whistle-blowers bill, providing protection to those providing information about corruption.
The Public Interest Disclosure and Protection to Persons Making the Disclosures Bill, 2010, (the whistle-blower protection bill) was passed after the Lokpal bill, as amended, was voted by the house, but the constitutional amendment bill that sought to accord statutory status to the anti-graft ombudsman was defeated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP