Whistle-blowers Bill passed by Lok Sabha
New Delhi: The Lok Sabha late Tuesday night passed the whistle-blowers bill, providing protection to those providing information about corruption.
The Public Interest Disclosure and Protection to Persons Making the Disclosures Bill, 2010, (the whistle-blower protection bill) was passed after the Lokpal bill, as amended, was voted by the house, but the constitutional amendment bill that sought to accord statutory status to the anti-graft ombudsman was defeated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say