Whistle-blowers Bill passed by Lok Sabha
New Delhi: The Lok Sabha late Tuesday night passed the whistle-blowers bill, providing protection to those providing information about corruption.
The Public Interest Disclosure and Protection to Persons Making the Disclosures Bill, 2010, (the whistle-blower protection bill) was passed after the Lokpal bill, as amended, was voted by the house, but the constitutional amendment bill that sought to accord statutory status to the anti-graft ombudsman was defeated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29