Who pulled out flight for IPL team?, Can`t give name, says Alliance Air
New Delhi: Citing "fiduciary"
relationship, the state-run Alliance Air has declined to give
the name of the person who was behind the diversion of its
aircraft for carrying an IPL team after pulling out a
scheduled flight to Coimbatore early this year.
RTI applicant S C Agrawal had asked the airline the
name of the person who made a request for such an arrangement
along with other details against the backdrop of news reports
that "Praful Patel`s daughter pulled out scheduled AI flight
for IPL". The reports had also spoke of clear violation of
norms if plane was diverted for Poorna.
Public Information Officer (PIO) of Alliance Air Arun
K Goyal, in reply to the question about the name of the person
said, "As per Section 8(1)(e) of RTI Act,2005, this
information is exempt from disclosure."
The PIO has cited this information "as exempted under
Section 8(1)(e) of RTI Act which talks about fiduciary
relationship. It seems that the PIO neither understands
basics of law nor dictionary-meaning of `fiduciary`," Agrawal
Fiduciary relationship is limited to very restricted
personal relations like between doctor-patient and others and
not at all for official purposes. Various verdicts from
Central Information Commission are there to clarify `fiduciary
relationship`, Agrawal said.
Denying information on this particular question seems
to be a deliberate attempt to hide some wrong-doing on part of
Alliance Air, Agrawal said today. CPIO has also not furnished
details of Appellate Authority as mandatory under Section
7(8) of RTI Act, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police