Whole world is discussing your corrupt practices: BJP tells PM
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Wednesday said that the whole world is discussing the corrupt practices of Dr Manmohan Singh and pointed out as evidence the article in the leading US daily ``Washington Post`` which described him as a silent Prime Minister, saying the whole world knows that this corrupt throne is wobbling.
BJP leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said, ``Tere Bhrashtachar Ke Charche Har Zubaan Par, Sabko Maalum Hai, Aur Sabko Khabar Ho Gayi``.
He said that it was never expected that the image of such a reputable person would get demolished in such a manner.
"This is absolutely right. Now, the whole world knows that this corrupt throne is wobbling. Manmohan Singh had a very good reputation throughout the world, he was known as a responsible person and a very good economist. We never expected that the image of such a good person will get demolished in such a manner," said Naqvi.
"Everything was taking place under his nose and he was silently watching all the happenings," he added.
Naqvi further alleged that the Congress Party has now become the multinational company of corruption under the leadership of Manmohan Singh and Sonia Gandhi.
The Washington Post report says ``the shy, soft-spoken 79-year-old is in danger of going down in history as a failure``.
"But the image of the scrupulously honorable, humble and intellectual technocrat has slowly given way to a completely different one: a dithering, ineffectual bureaucrat presiding over a deeply corrupt government," the report says.
"Every day for the past two weeks, India`s Parliament has been adjourned as the opposition bays for Singh`s resignation over allegations of waste and corruption in the allocation of coal-mining concessions," it adds.
The Washington Post report also mentions Dr. Singh`s ``dramatic fall from grace`` in his second term.
It may be recalled here that the Time Magazine had earlier in July dubbed Dr. Manmohan Singh as an "underachiever", saying he appears "unwilling to stick his neck out" on reforms that will put the country back on the growth path.
Dr. Singh, 79, was featured on the cover of Time magazine`s Asia edition. With his portrait in the background, the title on the cover read ``The Underachiever - India needs a reboot.``
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Kerala Plus Two Results 2015 on keralaresults.nic.in
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset