Whose `foreign hand` behind Anna? asks Opposition
New Delhi: Opposition parties here on Thursday demanded that the government clarify what were the "foreign forces" it alleged to be behind Anna Hazare`s movement against corruption.
"Congress statement in not only bad but mad," Bharatiya Janata Party leader M Venkaiah Naidu told reporters outside Parliament.
In his statement on Hazare`s arrest, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Wednesday said: "There are many forces that would not like to see India realize its true place in the comity of nations. We must not play into their hand."
"The Prime Minister should tell what he meant by it," Naidu added.
On the same lines, Communist Party of India member D. Raja said: "What are the forces which are trying to hinder our growth, he (prime minister) should clarify."
Congress spokesperson Rashid Alvi also had Wednesday raised doubts about "foreign hands" being behind Hazare`s demand for a stronger Lokpal Bill.
"We will have to find out the truth, why the US is supporting this movement," Alvi had said.
Hazare planned to begin his fast for the Jan Lokpal bill here Tuesday. However, Delhi Police imposed certain conditions before allowing the protest. Hazare refused to sign the undertaking, following which the police detained him and his other team members Tuesday.
He was arrested and subsequently released but refused to leave the jail. But now he will begin his 15-day-long fast at Ramlila ground here as his conditions have been met.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you