Why couldn`t Hyderabad blasts be avoided? asks Mulayam
New Delhi: Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav on Friday condemned Thursday evening`s twin bomb blasts in Hyderabad and questioned why the government had been unable to prevent these incidents despite having relevant intelligence inputs.
"The government must explain what shortcomings are there that such attacks are taking place," Yadav said.
"The whole country, the house is with them, so the government must explain where we are lacking? Even after we had the information, how can an incident like this take place," he said.
"An incident like this impacts the whole country, people are living in fear...We need to know what is the strategy the govt is adopting," he added.
He, however, said the government could count of the support of all political parties in tackling terrorism.
CPI`s Basudeb Acharya also questioned the state government and the central government for its failure to prevent the attack.
Two powerful near simultaneous bomb blasts ripped through a crowded area close to a cluster of bus stands in Dilsukh Nagar area in Hyderabad on Thursday evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling