Why couldn`t Hyderabad blasts be avoided? asks Mulayam
New Delhi: Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav on Friday condemned Thursday evening`s twin bomb blasts in Hyderabad and questioned why the government had been unable to prevent these incidents despite having relevant intelligence inputs.
"The government must explain what shortcomings are there that such attacks are taking place," Yadav said.
"The whole country, the house is with them, so the government must explain where we are lacking? Even after we had the information, how can an incident like this take place," he said.
"An incident like this impacts the whole country, people are living in fear...We need to know what is the strategy the govt is adopting," he added.
He, however, said the government could count of the support of all political parties in tackling terrorism.
CPI`s Basudeb Acharya also questioned the state government and the central government for its failure to prevent the attack.
Two powerful near simultaneous bomb blasts ripped through a crowded area close to a cluster of bus stands in Dilsukh Nagar area in Hyderabad on Thursday evening.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory