Why delay in forming new PAC: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Wednesday sought to know from the government and the Lok Sabha Speaker why the formation of the new team of Public Accounts Committee had not been completed and its chairperson chosen well past the deadline of April 30.
Asked if he will continue as Chairperson of PAC, BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi said the question that needs to be asked is why there has been a delay in constituting the new PAC.
"The last PAC completed its term on April 30. The new PAC should have been formed by now. Why has there been a delay"? Joshi said.
He said it is the duty of the Speaker of Lok Sabha to announce the name of chairperson of PAC.
Sources said while the Lok Sabha members of PAC had been finalised by the respective political parties, the Rajya Sabha cleared the names only yesterday.
Speaker Meira Kumar may announce the names soon.
BJP sources said the party has asked him to continue as PAC chairperson and this has been conveyed to the Speaker.
As per convention, the PAC Chairperson is from the principal opposition.
BJP has renominated its members in the last PAC while Congress has made some changes.
The new PAC is likely to have interesting sessions ahead with the new CAG report indicting ISRO Chairperson Madhavan Nair on Antrix-Dewas deal. The auditor has also described the deal as one aimed at benefitting private players.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui