Why doesn’t Rahul feel the pain of 1984 victims? Asks Harsimrat Kaur Badal
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Akali Dal MP from Bhatinda Harsimrat Kaur Badal has hit out strongly against Rahul Gandhi after he shared an emotional account of his grandmother Indira Gandhi`s assassination in 1984 by her Sikh bodyguards and accused the BJP of indulging in politics of hatred.
“It was there for anybody to tell you that the entire youth of Punjab was wiped out in the name of terrorism. What was Mr Gandhi thinking? What was Mrs Gandhi doing at that time when she was killing other people`s sons and husbands?... a place of worship which is worshipped by every Sikh...she goes, gives orders to demolish that place and kill people there. What did she think? She would get away with it scot- free?” Badal said in an interview to English news channel NDTV.
Harsimrat, who is also the wife of Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal, added: “And then when Mr Rahul’s father - after his mother paid the price for her deed - he targetedly gives instructions to finish off every Sikh, when he says that the ground shakes when a big tree falls what was he indicating? And then his goons of the likes of Sajjan Kumar and Jagdish Tytler and other in a targeted manner pull out Sikhs from their homes and in front of young children, young mothers and old mothers, their husbands, children and grandchildren are slaughtered in thousands not just one or two. Mr Rahul Gandhi does not feel their pain when he, for 30 years, shielded the perpetrators of these crimes.”
“When he (Rahul) talks about Gujarat, Muzaffarnagar, Jammu and Kashmir, why does his tongue shake when he talks about 1984 riots, when he cannot mention the mother of all these (riots), where in thousands lost their lives and it is for the world to know, he doesn’t mention that but he mentions others,” he said.
“For example in Gujarat there is a Supreme Court monitored team which is looking into it and many have gone to jail, how many Congress leaders have gone to jail? Who doesn’t know the role played by Tytler and Sajjan Kumar? (in ’84 riots),”” she said.
Ms Badal’s controversial rebut to Rahul is sure to increase political tempers on the issue.
Rahul Gandhi had said the politics of hatred, which he attributed to the BJP, had cost his family heavily. "Hatred killed my grandmother, my father, maybe it`ll kill me. I don`t care," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'