Why is CBI inert over Coalgate: Sanjay Raut
New Delhi: Blaming the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) for its inaction in the case of Coalgate, Shiv Sena MP and a member of Standing Committee on Coal and Steel, Sanjay Raut said that the Coalgate was country’s biggest scam and yet the CBI had its hands “tied”.
Coming down heavily over the coal scam, Raut said that the nation has been robbed by its very own people sitting “in power corridors” and that bureaucrats and politicians along with corporate pocketed illegal benefits.
Raut also raised question on PM Manmohan Singh’s “clean image” saying that he was at the helm of the affairs in Coal Ministry when coal blocks were allocated.
Accusing the CBI of being biased, Raut said that it would have made arrests had the accused belonged to other parties or to an ally party, but it would never dare to do so with a Congress MP as its hands are “tied”.
“When CAG report on 2G spectrum scam surfaced, A Raja had to go to jail because he belonged to DMK. Why is Sriprakash Jaiswal of Congress being spared,” added Raut.
Raut lashed out at CBI for failing to make arrests in the case and said, “High Court had once correctly pointed out that the CBI is government’s puppet”.
Lashing out at the government’s zero loss in Coalgate, Raut said that he would pitch against it in the upcoming Parliament session.
Stressing that the allocated coal blocks must be cancelled, Raut said that though the IMG had ordered the cancellation of some coal blocks, it wasn’t enough and that the government wanted to enrich a selected few industrial houses.
“Just like in 2G, all the blocks must be cancelled. Government companies were allocated such coal fields where there was no coal. Major coal blocks were allotted to private companies. This government wants to enrich just a few industrial houses and impoverish and sell the government companies”, said Raut.
Not satisfied with IMG probe, Raut added, “They are in cahoots with Congress. What would they probe”?
Sanjay Raut supported Justice Santosh Hegde’s idea of an SIT probe into the coal scam but added that the SIT must be formed by taking all the parties on board.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi