Why is CBI inert over Coalgate: Sanjay Raut
New Delhi: Blaming the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) for its inaction in the case of Coalgate, Shiv Sena MP and a member of Standing Committee on Coal and Steel, Sanjay Raut said that the Coalgate was country’s biggest scam and yet the CBI had its hands “tied”.
Coming down heavily over the coal scam, Raut said that the nation has been robbed by its very own people sitting “in power corridors” and that bureaucrats and politicians along with corporate pocketed illegal benefits.
Raut also raised question on PM Manmohan Singh’s “clean image” saying that he was at the helm of the affairs in Coal Ministry when coal blocks were allocated.
Accusing the CBI of being biased, Raut said that it would have made arrests had the accused belonged to other parties or to an ally party, but it would never dare to do so with a Congress MP as its hands are “tied”.
“When CAG report on 2G spectrum scam surfaced, A Raja had to go to jail because he belonged to DMK. Why is Sriprakash Jaiswal of Congress being spared,” added Raut.
Raut lashed out at CBI for failing to make arrests in the case and said, “High Court had once correctly pointed out that the CBI is government’s puppet”.
Lashing out at the government’s zero loss in Coalgate, Raut said that he would pitch against it in the upcoming Parliament session.
Stressing that the allocated coal blocks must be cancelled, Raut said that though the IMG had ordered the cancellation of some coal blocks, it wasn’t enough and that the government wanted to enrich a selected few industrial houses.
“Just like in 2G, all the blocks must be cancelled. Government companies were allocated such coal fields where there was no coal. Major coal blocks were allotted to private companies. This government wants to enrich just a few industrial houses and impoverish and sell the government companies”, said Raut.
Not satisfied with IMG probe, Raut added, “They are in cahoots with Congress. What would they probe”?
Sanjay Raut supported Justice Santosh Hegde’s idea of an SIT probe into the coal scam but added that the SIT must be formed by taking all the parties on board.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested