Why is Hazare silent on Guj HC verdict? Cong
New Delhi: Congress on Wednesday targeted Anna
Hazare questioning his "silence" on the Gujarat High Court
verdict on Lokayukta and the alleged corruption in the
Narendra Modi-ruled state.
"We are happy that Lokayukta is coming to Gujarat after
11 years. But we are also surprised that Anna fails to see
corruption in Gujarat. Anna had praised Narendra Modi. Now
everything is becoming clear.
"Modi, who is the hero of BJP, himself wants to cover up
corruption and hence did not allow the setting up of a
Lokayukta in the state," Digvijay Singh said in Lucknow.
He chose the occasion to repeat his allegation that Anna,
Baba Ramdev and Sri Sri Ravishankar are working at the
behest of BJP and RSS.
"They fail to see corruption in the BJP-ruled states.
They see it only in Congress-ruled ones," he said.
Singh, who is the AICC general secretary in-charge
for Uttar Pradesh, said Team Anna has also not spoken a single
word against "corruption" in Mayawati-ruled UP.
AICC in-charge for Gujarat Mohan Prakash, without naming
Anna or his team said, "those who have been speaking in favour
of setting up of Lokpal and Lokayukta have remained silent so
far on the controversy regarding the Gujarat Lokayukta".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP cuts gap, witnesses massive surge in seats; counting underway
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP closes gap with Shiv Sena in BMC, dominates in other cities
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway