Why is Kejriwal silent on Jagan, corrupt bureaucrats: Rao
New Delhi: Activist Arvind Kejriwal, who has been targeting Congress and BJP over corruption issue, was on Saturday urged to turn his attention to YSR Congress leader Jagan Mohan Reddy against whom a disproportionate assets case has been lodged.
The plea came from Congress MP from Andhra Pradesh V Hanumantha Rao, who in a letter to Kejriwal, questioned the activist`s "soft corner" for Jagan and his "silence" on corrupt bureaucrats.
"I am unable to understand why you have been targeting major political parties only. You must be aware of the huge disproportionate assets case in Andhra Pradesh against Jagan Mohan Reddy, who has allegedly committed a number of irregularities," Rao said in the letter.
The MP wondered as to why Kejriwal has "remained silent" on Jagan till today despite the CBI claiming that the scam involving him could be a huge one. "Why this soft corner for Jagan?"
Besides, he wanted to know from Kejriwal why he was targeting political leaders only when there are "umpteen" corruption cases against bureaucrats in the country. "You must be knowing that some IAS officers are in jail in Andhra Pradesh. Why cannot you talk about them?".
"In our country, people will have a choice to reject corrupt politician during elections. However, a corrupt bureaucrat will continue without any fear", he told Kejriwal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31