Why is Kejriwal silent on Jagan, corrupt bureaucrats: Rao
New Delhi: Activist Arvind Kejriwal, who has been targeting Congress and BJP over corruption issue, was on Saturday urged to turn his attention to YSR Congress leader Jagan Mohan Reddy against whom a disproportionate assets case has been lodged.
The plea came from Congress MP from Andhra Pradesh V Hanumantha Rao, who in a letter to Kejriwal, questioned the activist`s "soft corner" for Jagan and his "silence" on corrupt bureaucrats.
"I am unable to understand why you have been targeting major political parties only. You must be aware of the huge disproportionate assets case in Andhra Pradesh against Jagan Mohan Reddy, who has allegedly committed a number of irregularities," Rao said in the letter.
The MP wondered as to why Kejriwal has "remained silent" on Jagan till today despite the CBI claiming that the scam involving him could be a huge one. "Why this soft corner for Jagan?"
Besides, he wanted to know from Kejriwal why he was targeting political leaders only when there are "umpteen" corruption cases against bureaucrats in the country. "You must be knowing that some IAS officers are in jail in Andhra Pradesh. Why cannot you talk about them?".
"In our country, people will have a choice to reject corrupt politician during elections. However, a corrupt bureaucrat will continue without any fear", he told Kejriwal.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents