Why is Kejriwal silent on Jagan, corrupt bureaucrats: Rao
New Delhi: Activist Arvind Kejriwal, who has been targeting Congress and BJP over corruption issue, was on Saturday urged to turn his attention to YSR Congress leader Jagan Mohan Reddy against whom a disproportionate assets case has been lodged.
The plea came from Congress MP from Andhra Pradesh V Hanumantha Rao, who in a letter to Kejriwal, questioned the activist`s "soft corner" for Jagan and his "silence" on corrupt bureaucrats.
"I am unable to understand why you have been targeting major political parties only. You must be aware of the huge disproportionate assets case in Andhra Pradesh against Jagan Mohan Reddy, who has allegedly committed a number of irregularities," Rao said in the letter.
The MP wondered as to why Kejriwal has "remained silent" on Jagan till today despite the CBI claiming that the scam involving him could be a huge one. "Why this soft corner for Jagan?"
Besides, he wanted to know from Kejriwal why he was targeting political leaders only when there are "umpteen" corruption cases against bureaucrats in the country. "You must be knowing that some IAS officers are in jail in Andhra Pradesh. Why cannot you talk about them?".
"In our country, people will have a choice to reject corrupt politician during elections. However, a corrupt bureaucrat will continue without any fear", he told Kejriwal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding