Why is Kejriwal silent on Jagan, corrupt bureaucrats: Rao
New Delhi: Activist Arvind Kejriwal, who has been targeting Congress and BJP over corruption issue, was on Saturday urged to turn his attention to YSR Congress leader Jagan Mohan Reddy against whom a disproportionate assets case has been lodged.
The plea came from Congress MP from Andhra Pradesh V Hanumantha Rao, who in a letter to Kejriwal, questioned the activist`s "soft corner" for Jagan and his "silence" on corrupt bureaucrats.
"I am unable to understand why you have been targeting major political parties only. You must be aware of the huge disproportionate assets case in Andhra Pradesh against Jagan Mohan Reddy, who has allegedly committed a number of irregularities," Rao said in the letter.
The MP wondered as to why Kejriwal has "remained silent" on Jagan till today despite the CBI claiming that the scam involving him could be a huge one. "Why this soft corner for Jagan?"
Besides, he wanted to know from Kejriwal why he was targeting political leaders only when there are "umpteen" corruption cases against bureaucrats in the country. "You must be knowing that some IAS officers are in jail in Andhra Pradesh. Why cannot you talk about them?".
"In our country, people will have a choice to reject corrupt politician during elections. However, a corrupt bureaucrat will continue without any fear", he told Kejriwal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!