Why is ‘loudmouth’ Modi tight-lipped on snooping, asks Babbar
Bhopal: Congress MP Raj Babbar on Monday dubbed Gujarat Chief Minister and the BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi as a "loud mouth" who is ignorant of facts and sought to know why he is conspicuously silent on the snooping row involving a young woman.
"He (Modi) does not know anything about facts and figures," the actor-turned-politician said addressing the media at the Madhya Pradesh Congress office here.
He, however, did not elaborate on it further.
"Also, it is wrong to say that Congress was scared of Modi in any way," he asserted.
Babbar said, "it is strange that Modi is tight-lipped" on the snooping scandal which revealed illegal spying on a woman architect in 2009, allegedly by three organisations of the Gujarat government.
"These three organisations are the IB, the ATS and the CID..Is she such a terrorist that she should be followed in this way," he asked.
Two investigative portals, Cobrapost and Gulail, had claimed on November 15 that Amit Shah, the former Home Minister of Gujarat and Modi`s close aide, had ordered illegal surveillance of a woman at the behest of one "saheb".
The portals had released taped conversation between Shah and an IPS officer to back up their claim, adding that its authenticity could not be confirmed.
Congress has demanded an inquiry by a sitting or retired Supreme Court judge into the matter to fix accountability.
Babbar also hit out at the BJP government in Madhya Pradesh for being corrupt and making tall claims without having done anything for the people of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues