Why is ‘loudmouth’ Modi tight-lipped on snooping, asks Babbar
Bhopal: Congress MP Raj Babbar on Monday dubbed Gujarat Chief Minister and the BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi as a "loud mouth" who is ignorant of facts and sought to know why he is conspicuously silent on the snooping row involving a young woman.
"He (Modi) does not know anything about facts and figures," the actor-turned-politician said addressing the media at the Madhya Pradesh Congress office here.
He, however, did not elaborate on it further.
"Also, it is wrong to say that Congress was scared of Modi in any way," he asserted.
Babbar said, "it is strange that Modi is tight-lipped" on the snooping scandal which revealed illegal spying on a woman architect in 2009, allegedly by three organisations of the Gujarat government.
"These three organisations are the IB, the ATS and the CID..Is she such a terrorist that she should be followed in this way," he asked.
Two investigative portals, Cobrapost and Gulail, had claimed on November 15 that Amit Shah, the former Home Minister of Gujarat and Modi`s close aide, had ordered illegal surveillance of a woman at the behest of one "saheb".
The portals had released taped conversation between Shah and an IPS officer to back up their claim, adding that its authenticity could not be confirmed.
Congress has demanded an inquiry by a sitting or retired Supreme Court judge into the matter to fix accountability.
Babbar also hit out at the BJP government in Madhya Pradesh for being corrupt and making tall claims without having done anything for the people of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Did Sofia Hayat actually say, "I know I gave birth to Shiva"?
- PM Modi reacts to his Pakistan visit, says 'now I do not have to explain India's fight against terrorism to the world'
- LeEco Le 2, Le Max2 flash sale on June 28; receives record 5.25 lakh registrations
- Naxalism will be rooted out soon: Rajnath Singh
- Euro 2016, Fixtures, Live Streaming, Italy, Spain, England, Iceland, Football News, International Football