Why is UPA ‘silent’ on Sino-Pak proximity: BJP
New Delhi: Expressing concern over the growing proximity between China and Pakistan, BJP on Tuesday said this endangers the peace and security of India and the region and sought to know why the government is silent on this issue.
BJP pointed out that China is constructing two nuclear power stations in Pakistan and maintained that its engagement with Pakistan is "laced" with suspicion.
"China is still claiming that it is not violating the Nuclear Suppliers Group norms, that IAEA, the global nuclear watchdog, is monitoring the products of China. But the fact remains that Pakistan is a failed state and any engagement of China with Pakistan, which also is a terror state, will disturb peace and stability of the region," BJP spokesperson Rajiv Pratap Rudy said.
The main opposition, which has from time to time cautioned against the reported encroachments of China into India territory and the growing warmth between Beijing and Islamabad, asked why UPA government has not acted on these "threats".
"BJP wants to know why Congress and UPA government are so silent on such a strategic issue which is threatening the safety and security of India in particular and of the region in general," Rudy said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Working towards a technology which enables consumer to control electrical appliances at home sitting in office: TPDDL CEO Praveer Sinha
- Modi in Iran: PM promises big celebration of Guru Gobind Singh's birth anniversary
- Pooja Rani ousted, no 2016 Rio Olympic quota for Indian women boxers
- Modi government's two years in power disastrous: Congress
- Heat wave returns to Odisha