Why Jaipal Reddy was removed as Oil Minister, asks BJP
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Venkaiah Naidu on Monday asked the government to explain why S Jaipal Reddy was shifted from the Oil Ministry.
The same question was tweeted by bureaucrat-turned-activist- turned-politician Arvind Kejriwal.
Reddy`s transfer from the Petroleum Ministry to the Science and Technology Ministry has raised eyebrows in political circles.
“The government should explain why Jaipal Reddy was removed and given an unimportant portfolio. Was there pressure from industrial houses,” asked Naidu.
He further termed the latest Cabinet reshuffles as cosmetic change.
"It is only a makeup before pack up. This government is going. Whenever elections are held, the Congress will be routed," he said.
"It is now clear that the Congress is insensitive to criticism and no respect for probity in public life. In spite of serious charges against the ministers, some of them are retained and some are even promoted. It is like `makeup before pack up`. This will not serve any purpose," he added.
He said the government had decided to retain some ministers despite charges against them.
"Now, in order to cover up and divert the attention of the people from its failures, it has taken up Cabinet reshuffle. It has failed to give any message," Naidu added.
The government announced a major Cabinet reshuffle on Sunday, where 22 ministers, including ministers of states, were sworn-in.
The reshuffle, which has been on the cards for six months, may be Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s last chance to significantly change the direction of his government and convince voters the ruling Congress party deserves a third consecutive term in 2014.
(With ANI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Security at Olympics "robust", says IOC chief
- Amaal Mallik excited about his 'Baar Baar Dekho' track
- Gael Monfils to face Ivo Karlovic in Washington Open final
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS