`Why NDA failed to grant statehood to Telangana`
New Delhi: Congress Wednesday sought to turn
the tables on L K Advani over the Telangana issue asking him why statehood was not granted to the region when the BJP was in power at the Centre and he was the Home Minister.
"The question which Mr Advani and BJP need to be asked
is why you did not implement and create that about which you
are shedding so many crocodile tears for political reasons,"
party spokesman Abhishek Singhvi told reporters.
He was replying to a question on Advani`s charge that
the Congress party is responsible for creating the whole mess
with regard to the creation of Telengana.
"He is only trying to create further confusion and
instability on an issue where political statesmanship,
patience and political co-operation are required, instead of
divisiveness and political expediency is what he is
exhibiting", Singhvi remarked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hooked to selfies because you think you are attractive – here’s a reality check
- US lifts arms embargo on Vietnam
- DU professor Saibaba released from Hyderabad jail
- SHOCKING! Driver refuses to pay toll, rams bus into Gurgaon toll, tries to crush manager
- Rohtang Pass row: SC seeks response from Himachal Pradesh on plea challenging NGT order