`Why NDA failed to grant statehood to Telangana`
New Delhi: Congress Wednesday sought to turn
the tables on L K Advani over the Telangana issue asking him why statehood was not granted to the region when the BJP was in power at the Centre and he was the Home Minister.
"The question which Mr Advani and BJP need to be asked
is why you did not implement and create that about which you
are shedding so many crocodile tears for political reasons,"
party spokesman Abhishek Singhvi told reporters.
He was replying to a question on Advani`s charge that
the Congress party is responsible for creating the whole mess
with regard to the creation of Telengana.
"He is only trying to create further confusion and
instability on an issue where political statesmanship,
patience and political co-operation are required, instead of
divisiveness and political expediency is what he is
exhibiting", Singhvi remarked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Mathura violence: Judicial probe into Jawahar Bagh incident begins
- IIFA 2016: Dramatic entry! When Shahid Kapoor, Farhan Akhtar hit the green carpet on Spanish donkeys - Pic inside
- Seven killed as car rams into minibus in Kenya's Kwale
- Hope law will be passed for construction of Ram temple by PM Narendra Modi-led government: VHP leader Pravin Togadia
- Rock stars and celebrities react with dismay to Brexit