`Why Rahul will be monitoring cash transfer scheme`
New Delhi: Apprehensive of any advantage to Congress from Aadhar-based cash transfer scheme, BJP today said it is aimed at gettting political mileage for the ruling party and wanted to know why Rahul Gandhi is part of the policy`s monitoring committee.
BJP Chief Spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad raised several objections to the manner in which the government has announced the cash transfer scheme and its implementation.
"Two senior ministers announced the cash transfer scheme in Congress office. If this scheme is a game changer (as claimed by Finance Minister P Chidambaram), then why was it not announced in Parliament? Why was Parliament bypassed on this?" Prasad said.
BJP has appointed a two-member committee comprising of senior MPs M Venkaiah Naidu and Yashwant Sinha to look into the cash transfer scheme which will help those getting pensions, scholarships and are beneficiaries of government welfare schemes.
"While people are reeling under inflation, Congress is only making efforts to take political mileage for nothing," BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said.
The opposition party sought to know what role Gandhi will play in the implementation of the scheme.
"Under what capacity will Rahul Gandhi will be monitoring the scheme? He does not hold any constitutional office. And this use of the slogan "aapka paise, aapke haath"..." Prasad said, referring to the hand which is Congress election symbol.
BJP said its state governments have been implementing similar schemes for years.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy