`Why Rahul will be monitoring cash transfer scheme`
New Delhi: Apprehensive of any advantage to Congress from Aadhar-based cash transfer scheme, BJP today said it is aimed at gettting political mileage for the ruling party and wanted to know why Rahul Gandhi is part of the policy`s monitoring committee.
BJP Chief Spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad raised several objections to the manner in which the government has announced the cash transfer scheme and its implementation.
"Two senior ministers announced the cash transfer scheme in Congress office. If this scheme is a game changer (as claimed by Finance Minister P Chidambaram), then why was it not announced in Parliament? Why was Parliament bypassed on this?" Prasad said.
BJP has appointed a two-member committee comprising of senior MPs M Venkaiah Naidu and Yashwant Sinha to look into the cash transfer scheme which will help those getting pensions, scholarships and are beneficiaries of government welfare schemes.
"While people are reeling under inflation, Congress is only making efforts to take political mileage for nothing," BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said.
The opposition party sought to know what role Gandhi will play in the implementation of the scheme.
"Under what capacity will Rahul Gandhi will be monitoring the scheme? He does not hold any constitutional office. And this use of the slogan "aapka paise, aapke haath"..." Prasad said, referring to the hand which is Congress election symbol.
BJP said its state governments have been implementing similar schemes for years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal