`Why Rahul will be monitoring cash transfer scheme`
New Delhi: Apprehensive of any advantage to Congress from Aadhar-based cash transfer scheme, BJP today said it is aimed at gettting political mileage for the ruling party and wanted to know why Rahul Gandhi is part of the policy`s monitoring committee.
BJP Chief Spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad raised several objections to the manner in which the government has announced the cash transfer scheme and its implementation.
"Two senior ministers announced the cash transfer scheme in Congress office. If this scheme is a game changer (as claimed by Finance Minister P Chidambaram), then why was it not announced in Parliament? Why was Parliament bypassed on this?" Prasad said.
BJP has appointed a two-member committee comprising of senior MPs M Venkaiah Naidu and Yashwant Sinha to look into the cash transfer scheme which will help those getting pensions, scholarships and are beneficiaries of government welfare schemes.
"While people are reeling under inflation, Congress is only making efforts to take political mileage for nothing," BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said.
The opposition party sought to know what role Gandhi will play in the implementation of the scheme.
"Under what capacity will Rahul Gandhi will be monitoring the scheme? He does not hold any constitutional office. And this use of the slogan "aapka paise, aapke haath"..." Prasad said, referring to the hand which is Congress election symbol.
BJP said its state governments have been implementing similar schemes for years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi