Widespread rain lashes Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Light to moderate rainfall lashed several parts of Punjab and Haryana, plummeting the minimum temperature in the region by up to two degrees Celsius.
The minimum temperature in most parts of Punjab and Haryana hovered between one to four degrees Celsius above normal, the Met office said here today.
While Ludhiana received 23.4 mm of rainfall, Chandigarh had 11.9 mm of rains.
Besides, Patiala was drenched by 4.8 mm of rains followed by 3.7 mm at Ambala and two mm at Amritsar.
The Met forecast light to moderate rains at several parts of Punjab and Haryana during the next 24 hours with possibility of hailstorms at a few places in Punjab.
Amritsar settled at a low of 15 degrees Celsius, three notches above normal followed by 16 degrees Celsius at Ludhiana, one notch above normal and 16.1 degrees Celsius a Chandigarh, two notches above normal.
Besides, at a few places in the region high velocity winds disrupted the power supply.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- Invoking Ambedkar's legacy, PM Modi says no rethink on quotas as Sena boycotts his events in Mumbai