Wife swapping charges: Antony promises strong action
New Delhi: Defence Minister AK Antony on Tuesday promised to take strong action if anybody was found guilty in the alleged Kochi wife swapping case in which the wife of a Navy officer has filed an FIR against her husband and his superiors.
"Whenever there is a complaint, we take strong action. After inquiry, if anyone is found guilty, we take strong action and exemplary punishment is given. This is our track record and this will continue.
"In the Kochi case also, three separate investigations are going on," he told reporters on the sidelines of the IAF Commanders` conference.
In the Kochi case, the Defence Minister has taken a tough stand that a proper investigation should be done and guilty, if any, should be punished.
However, the Navy has been dismissive of the serious allegations levelled by the wife of the officer and had even told the Defence Ministry that there was no merit in the allegations.
At the moment, three investigations are going on into the case which includes two investigations by the Delhi and Kerala police.
Antony has taken strong action against such cases in the armed forces and last week dismissed a Navy officer for having illicit relations with the wife of his superior.
Another officer posted onboard the country`s only aircraft carrier INS Virat was dismissed after he was caught allegedly sending lewd messages to several women using multiple SIM cards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje