Wife-swapping charges: Naval officer`s wife moves HC
Kochi: The estranged wife of a Naval officer, who had filed a police complaint levelling charges of wife-swapping by her husband and his superiors here, has moved the Kerala High Court seeking to implead herself in the anticipatory bail plea moved by him.
The officer, Lt Ravi Kiran had earlier moved the court seeking anticipatory bail after his wife raised "baseless" charges against him following his move to approach a family court for divorce.
The Navy had already started an internal probe based on the complaint she submitted to the Navy Chief recently.
She had also filed a police complaint in Delhi.
On a complaint from the woman that she had allegedly been tortured for dowry and senior colleagues of her husband had tried to molest her, police here had registered a case against 10 people, including her husband, under section 498 (enticing or taking away or detaining with criminal intent a married woman) of the IPC.
The charges of torture related to dowry issues were against her husband and his close relatives.
The Navy had denied her charges and said the complaint was the result of "a marital discord" and allegations raised by the woman against "superior officers" were "unfair".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split