Wikileak cable revelations `piece of fiction`, says George Fernandes` wife Leila
New Delhi: Socialist leader George Fernandes` wife Leila on Monday termed as "piece of fiction" the Wikileak cable revelations that the fire-brand activist sought financial assistance from US spy agency CIA to organise sabotage activities during Emergency.
The cables during Henry Kissinger`s time, made public by Wikileaks, claimed that then trade union leader Fernandes sought to get funds from CIA and the French government.
"This is a piece of fiction. There is no question of George asking for funds from CIA. He was very anti-American and you know this," Leila told PTI.
"This is complete falsehood, completely concocted and I strongly refute this false story," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!