Wikileaks expose on trust vote created by `vested interests`: Moily
Bangalore: Law Minister M Veerappa Moily
on Saturday alleged the WikiLeaks expose on the 2008 trust vote was
a story created by "external elements" and "vested interests"
to destabilise the country`s democracy.
"It is a story created to destablise democracy of India.
Our media and our politicians should not become victims of the
manoeuvring and manipulation against the very existence of
democracy of India", he told reporters here.
Describing the Wikileaks expose as a "design
to destabilise" the democracy, he said BJP and the Left should
not be "parties to it."
"...If they want to fight a war, let them fight a
political war within the domain of the constitution of India
and not take extra help of countries or interest who are
inimical to the country," he said.
He said some vested interests existed that were
anti-Indian to the extent of wanting to destabilise democracy.
"These external elements make such allegations for which
they are not responsible, for which they are not accountable
to Parliament...they are not interested in our country", he
said adding it could eventually "erode the sovereign power of
He said "we will have to consciously safeguard Parliament
and our constitution".
"Such allegations through external elements like
Wikileaks, internet or e-mails may create confusion, anarchy
and destabilise democracy".
Asked about Wikileaks expose on BJP`s `doublespeak` on
nuclear policy, he said "it was a question which has to be
answered by them...why they behaved like that"?
Hitting out at the Left and BJP for opposing the Indo-US
nuclear deal, he said the oppositon had chosen to do so not on
merits but simply because of their "anti-American" sentiment.
"The right and left converged".
The Left and BJP again converged to take on the UPA on
some statements made by a US diplomat on the trust vote, he
said, terming it as "totally double standards and the
hypocrisy of the highest order".
He accused the Left and BJP of putting party before the
country, which was "unfortunate".
Dubbing BJP as "opportunistic", he said they did not mind
joining hands with the Left and accused it of also placing the
party`s interest above the country`s.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Top 5 shopping destinations in Delhi!
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins