‘WikiLeaks revelations on Rajiv Gandhi wrong’
Chennai: Dubbing the WikiLeaks revelations on late Rajiv Gandhi as "wrong", Minister of State for PMO V Narayanasamy Wednesday alleged that the site has been giving wrong information about many countries and governments across the world.
"What WikiLeaks has said is wrong. It has been leaking wrong information about many countries and many governments across the world, which is condemnable," he told reporters.
WikiLeaks had claimed that late Rajiv Gandhi, much before becoming Prime Minister, may have been a middleman for a Swedish company trying to sell fighter aircraft to India.
To another query, Naryanasamy said allotment of kerosene to Tamil Nadu has decreased due to increase in allotment of LPG to the state.
"But considering the Tamil Nadu Chief Minister`s request, I will talk to the Prime Minister and take steps to get more kerosene allotted for the state," he said.
Jayalalithaa had shot off a letter to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh yesterday, criticising reduction of kerosene allotment to 29,060 KL and urged him to intervene and to restore the allotment to the state at 52,806 KL per month.
On Left protesters gheraoing West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee yesterday at Delhi over the death of an SFI activist, Narayanasamy said "It is condemnable."
To a query on Sri Lankan Tamils issue,he said "The Centre alone can save Tamils living in Sri Lanka. It is wrong for political parties here to protest for their cause."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...