‘WikiLeaks revelations on Rajiv Gandhi wrong’
Chennai: Dubbing the WikiLeaks revelations on late Rajiv Gandhi as "wrong", Minister of State for PMO V Narayanasamy Wednesday alleged that the site has been giving wrong information about many countries and governments across the world.
"What WikiLeaks has said is wrong. It has been leaking wrong information about many countries and many governments across the world, which is condemnable," he told reporters.
WikiLeaks had claimed that late Rajiv Gandhi, much before becoming Prime Minister, may have been a middleman for a Swedish company trying to sell fighter aircraft to India.
To another query, Naryanasamy said allotment of kerosene to Tamil Nadu has decreased due to increase in allotment of LPG to the state.
"But considering the Tamil Nadu Chief Minister`s request, I will talk to the Prime Minister and take steps to get more kerosene allotted for the state," he said.
Jayalalithaa had shot off a letter to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh yesterday, criticising reduction of kerosene allotment to 29,060 KL and urged him to intervene and to restore the allotment to the state at 52,806 KL per month.
On Left protesters gheraoing West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee yesterday at Delhi over the death of an SFI activist, Narayanasamy said "It is condemnable."
To a query on Sri Lankan Tamils issue,he said "The Centre alone can save Tamils living in Sri Lanka. It is wrong for political parties here to protest for their cause."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened