WikiLeaks shows PoK as part of Pakistan
Washington: Whistleblower website WikiLeaks has shown Pak-occupied-Kashmir (PoK) as part of Pakistan in its recently released global map.
There is no mention of the Line of Control as is the common practice to refer to the two sides of LoC as India-controlled Kashmir and Pakistan-controlled Kashmir.
The interactive map was released by WikiLeaks on Monday, so as to help people to search into its 1.7 million cables in a user-friendly manner.
The Indian Embassy in Washington did not respond to an email as whether it was aware of WikiLeak`s goof-up and what steps it has taken to depict factual representation of the international boundary.
Though on its website, WikiLeaks has said that the map was created using country boundary lines of 1975.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH