WikiLeaks shows PoK as part of Pakistan
Washington: Whistleblower website WikiLeaks has shown Pak-occupied-Kashmir (PoK) as part of Pakistan in its recently released global map.
There is no mention of the Line of Control as is the common practice to refer to the two sides of LoC as India-controlled Kashmir and Pakistan-controlled Kashmir.
The interactive map was released by WikiLeaks on Monday, so as to help people to search into its 1.7 million cables in a user-friendly manner.
The Indian Embassy in Washington did not respond to an email as whether it was aware of WikiLeak`s goof-up and what steps it has taken to depict factual representation of the international boundary.
Though on its website, WikiLeaks has said that the map was created using country boundary lines of 1975.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter