WikiLeaks shows PoK as part of Pakistan
Washington: Whistleblower website WikiLeaks has shown Pak-occupied-Kashmir (PoK) as part of Pakistan in its recently released global map.
There is no mention of the Line of Control as is the common practice to refer to the two sides of LoC as India-controlled Kashmir and Pakistan-controlled Kashmir.
The interactive map was released by WikiLeaks on Monday, so as to help people to search into its 1.7 million cables in a user-friendly manner.
The Indian Embassy in Washington did not respond to an email as whether it was aware of WikiLeak`s goof-up and what steps it has taken to depict factual representation of the international boundary.
Though on its website, WikiLeaks has said that the map was created using country boundary lines of 1975.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you