Will abide by Cong-NCP`s decision on Vidarbha: Chavan
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok
Chavan on Tuesday refused to be drawn into any controversy over
creation of a separate Vidarbha, saying he would abide by the
decision of the Congress and its coalition partner NCP.
"There is no unanimity among political parties including
the Congress on the issue. I will abide by whatever my party
and our coalition partner NCP decide," he told reporters.
Replying to a question on his views on statehood to
Vidarbha, Chavan said, "I don`t have a personal opinion on
issues which have large repercussions."
Pro-Vidarbha Congress leaders had staged a two-day
dharna in Nagpur which concluded yesterday to press for their
demand for statehood.
To a query on reports that the infamous party at
Chembur Gymkhana which suspended police personnel including a
Deputy Commissioner of Police attended along with gangsters
was organised by a local NCP activist, he said investigation
was on and suitable action would be taken against the guilty.
Referring to recent suicides by students, Chavan said
the responsibility of parents to prevent such incidents was
great and "at government level too, whatever policy decisions
are required we are willing to deliberate on."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'