Will answer media according to govt`s rules: AIIMS doctor on Sunanda Pushkar autopsy row
New Delhi: The All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Head of the Forensic Department, Dr.Sudhir Gupta told ANI here on Saturday that he will answer all the questions of the media in a lawful procedure.
"Whatever you want to ask, I`ll answer according to the government`s rules and the rights of a government servant. I am an impartial professional, neither towards the defence nor towards prosecution. My duty is to pursue the truth in the Sunanda Pushkar`s post mortem case," said Gupta.
Yesterday, a PIL was filed in the Supreme Court demanding CBI probe in the case.
The Sunanda Pushkar death case took a new turn when AIIMS Head of the Forensic Department, Dr Sudhir Gupta claimed that he was pressurized to tamper with the post-mortem report of Pushkar, who died under mysterious circumstances in a posh New Delhi hotel on January 17 this year.
Pushkar, who married Congress leader Shashi Tharoor in 2010, had checked into The Leela Hotel in Chanakyapuri a day before her death.
Tharoor`s aides said the couple had checked into the luxury hotel because of renovation work at his Delhi bungalow.
Prior to her death, Sunanda was embroiled in a spat with Pakistan-based journalist, Mehr Tarar, whom she accused of stalking her husband.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!