Will change Delhi BJP in next three months: Gadkari
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Nitin Gadkari Wednesday said that people would see a difference in the party`s Delhi unit within the next three months.
"We are a party with difference. Within three months, you will see a difference in the Delhi BJP also," Gadkari told reporters after he was felicitated by the party`s legislators in the national capital.
His meeting with the Delhi BJP legislators lasted nearly an hour. In the 70-member Delhi assembly, the BJP has 24 legislators.
After the meeting, a senior BJP leader sai: "In Delhi, we have suffered enough due to groupism within. During the meeting, Gadkari told us not to tolerate any indiscipline and oust those creating nuisance. His clear target is to end groupism and infighting."
"He asked the MLAs (legislators) to work among the people and focus on development," the leader added.
Organisational elections in the BJP`s Delhi unit were due by Dec 15, 2009, but the date was extended till Jan 15. However, the elections were later put off without any deadline.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok