Will change Delhi BJP in next three months: Gadkari
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Nitin Gadkari Wednesday said that people would see a difference in the party`s Delhi unit within the next three months.
"We are a party with difference. Within three months, you will see a difference in the Delhi BJP also," Gadkari told reporters after he was felicitated by the party`s legislators in the national capital.
His meeting with the Delhi BJP legislators lasted nearly an hour. In the 70-member Delhi assembly, the BJP has 24 legislators.
After the meeting, a senior BJP leader sai: "In Delhi, we have suffered enough due to groupism within. During the meeting, Gadkari told us not to tolerate any indiscipline and oust those creating nuisance. His clear target is to end groupism and infighting."
"He asked the MLAs (legislators) to work among the people and focus on development," the leader added.
Organisational elections in the BJP`s Delhi unit were due by Dec 15, 2009, but the date was extended till Jan 15. However, the elections were later put off without any deadline.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living