Will change Delhi BJP in next three months: Gadkari
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Nitin Gadkari Wednesday said that people would see a difference in the party`s Delhi unit within the next three months.
"We are a party with difference. Within three months, you will see a difference in the Delhi BJP also," Gadkari told reporters after he was felicitated by the party`s legislators in the national capital.
His meeting with the Delhi BJP legislators lasted nearly an hour. In the 70-member Delhi assembly, the BJP has 24 legislators.
After the meeting, a senior BJP leader sai: "In Delhi, we have suffered enough due to groupism within. During the meeting, Gadkari told us not to tolerate any indiscipline and oust those creating nuisance. His clear target is to end groupism and infighting."
"He asked the MLAs (legislators) to work among the people and focus on development," the leader added.
Organisational elections in the BJP`s Delhi unit were due by Dec 15, 2009, but the date was extended till Jan 15. However, the elections were later put off without any deadline.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region
- Terrorist captured in J&K's Kupwara district is Pakistani national from Lahore: Report
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US