Will comment on 2G issue only in India: Pranab
Washington: Amid the raging controversy back
home over the 2G spectrum auction issue, Finance Minister
Pranab Mukherjee has said he will speak on it only when he
reaches India on Monday.
"I told you that my question is only addressed to that
(2G). What is to be told there, I will tell it there (in
India), not now," Mukherjee told a group of Indian journalists
He is scheduled to meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in
New York tomorrow before he leaves for India later in the
Singh is in New York to attend the 66th session of the
United Nations General Assembly.
Even though Mukherjee`s departure from Washington has been
preponed by a day to accommodate for his unscheduled meeting
with the Prime Minister, officials said the finance minister
would fulfill all his engagements in Washington.
Instead of Sunday afternoon, he would now leave Washington
for New York on Saturday evening after attending the reception
of the State Bank of India, they said.
He is expected to fly to New York and stay in the same
hotel as that of the Prime Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...