Will comment on 2G issue only in India: Pranab
Washington: Amid the raging controversy back
home over the 2G spectrum auction issue, Finance Minister
Pranab Mukherjee has said he will speak on it only when he
reaches India on Monday.
"I told you that my question is only addressed to that
(2G). What is to be told there, I will tell it there (in
India), not now," Mukherjee told a group of Indian journalists
He is scheduled to meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in
New York tomorrow before he leaves for India later in the
Singh is in New York to attend the 66th session of the
United Nations General Assembly.
Even though Mukherjee`s departure from Washington has been
preponed by a day to accommodate for his unscheduled meeting
with the Prime Minister, officials said the finance minister
would fulfill all his engagements in Washington.
Instead of Sunday afternoon, he would now leave Washington
for New York on Saturday evening after attending the reception
of the State Bank of India, they said.
He is expected to fly to New York and stay in the same
hotel as that of the Prime Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- LIVE: Prayers being held for Yakub Memon at Bada Kabristan before his burial