Will comment on 2G issue only in India: Pranab
Washington: Amid the raging controversy back
home over the 2G spectrum auction issue, Finance Minister
Pranab Mukherjee has said he will speak on it only when he
reaches India on Monday.
"I told you that my question is only addressed to that
(2G). What is to be told there, I will tell it there (in
India), not now," Mukherjee told a group of Indian journalists
He is scheduled to meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in
New York tomorrow before he leaves for India later in the
Singh is in New York to attend the 66th session of the
United Nations General Assembly.
Even though Mukherjee`s departure from Washington has been
preponed by a day to accommodate for his unscheduled meeting
with the Prime Minister, officials said the finance minister
would fulfill all his engagements in Washington.
Instead of Sunday afternoon, he would now leave Washington
for New York on Saturday evening after attending the reception
of the State Bank of India, they said.
He is expected to fly to New York and stay in the same
hotel as that of the Prime Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender