Will comment on 2G issue only in India: Pranab
Washington: Amid the raging controversy back
home over the 2G spectrum auction issue, Finance Minister
Pranab Mukherjee has said he will speak on it only when he
reaches India on Monday.
"I told you that my question is only addressed to that
(2G). What is to be told there, I will tell it there (in
India), not now," Mukherjee told a group of Indian journalists
He is scheduled to meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in
New York tomorrow before he leaves for India later in the
Singh is in New York to attend the 66th session of the
United Nations General Assembly.
Even though Mukherjee`s departure from Washington has been
preponed by a day to accommodate for his unscheduled meeting
with the Prime Minister, officials said the finance minister
would fulfill all his engagements in Washington.
Instead of Sunday afternoon, he would now leave Washington
for New York on Saturday evening after attending the reception
of the State Bank of India, they said.
He is expected to fly to New York and stay in the same
hotel as that of the Prime Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'