Will consider returning to NDA if Advani returns at helm: Sharad Yadav
Patna: A day after walking out of NDA, JD(U) president Sharad Yadav on Monday said his party could consider coming back to the alliance if veteran BJP leader LK Advani gets back at the helm of the party.
"Advani aye to dekha jayanga (we will see if Advani returns at the helm of affairs)," Yadav told reporters before going to a JD(U) meeting meet at Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s official residence.
"We had fought 2009 elections projecting Advani as our Prime Ministerial candidate," Yadav, who announced resigning as NDA convenor yesterday, said.
He asked mediapersons to ask BJP leaders about this (Advani`s return at helm of party affairs).
"He (Advani) has been sidelined within the party," he said expressing pain for the veteran BJP leader.
The JD(U) president had announced break-up with NDA yesterday after walking together for 17 long years over elevation of Narendra Modi as campaign committee chief of BJP for 2014 elections.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar today accused its estranged ally of "betraying" and "cornering" elders in the party in an oblique reference to Advani over the Narendra Modi issue.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Arvind Kejriwal lauds PM Narendra Modi's Cabinet Minister Suresh Prabhu – Know why
- OMG: Akshay Kumar's bodyguard punches a fan – Details inside
- SHOCKING! Pakistan umpire Aleem Dar's sons involved in major controversy in Scotland - Read full story
- Kerala Assembly Election 2016: Arun Jaitley to release NDA's vision document today
- US wants Pakistan to have dialogue with neighbours