Will consider returning to NDA if Advani returns at helm: Sharad Yadav
Patna: A day after walking out of NDA, JD(U) president Sharad Yadav on Monday said his party could consider coming back to the alliance if veteran BJP leader LK Advani gets back at the helm of the party.
"Advani aye to dekha jayanga (we will see if Advani returns at the helm of affairs)," Yadav told reporters before going to a JD(U) meeting meet at Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s official residence.
"We had fought 2009 elections projecting Advani as our Prime Ministerial candidate," Yadav, who announced resigning as NDA convenor yesterday, said.
He asked mediapersons to ask BJP leaders about this (Advani`s return at helm of party affairs).
"He (Advani) has been sidelined within the party," he said expressing pain for the veteran BJP leader.
The JD(U) president had announced break-up with NDA yesterday after walking together for 17 long years over elevation of Narendra Modi as campaign committee chief of BJP for 2014 elections.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar today accused its estranged ally of "betraying" and "cornering" elders in the party in an oblique reference to Advani over the Narendra Modi issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Italy quake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors
- Syria launched chemical attacks, IS used mustard gas: UN report
- Donald Trump takes another step back from hard-line stance on illegal immigration
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact