Will consider returning to NDA if Advani returns at helm: Sharad Yadav
Patna: A day after walking out of NDA, JD(U) president Sharad Yadav on Monday said his party could consider coming back to the alliance if veteran BJP leader LK Advani gets back at the helm of the party.
"Advani aye to dekha jayanga (we will see if Advani returns at the helm of affairs)," Yadav told reporters before going to a JD(U) meeting meet at Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s official residence.
"We had fought 2009 elections projecting Advani as our Prime Ministerial candidate," Yadav, who announced resigning as NDA convenor yesterday, said.
He asked mediapersons to ask BJP leaders about this (Advani`s return at helm of party affairs).
"He (Advani) has been sidelined within the party," he said expressing pain for the veteran BJP leader.
The JD(U) president had announced break-up with NDA yesterday after walking together for 17 long years over elevation of Narendra Modi as campaign committee chief of BJP for 2014 elections.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar today accused its estranged ally of "betraying" and "cornering" elders in the party in an oblique reference to Advani over the Narendra Modi issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Bada Kabristan
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened