Will consider returning to NDA if Advani returns at helm: Sharad Yadav
Patna: A day after walking out of NDA, JD(U) president Sharad Yadav on Monday said his party could consider coming back to the alliance if veteran BJP leader LK Advani gets back at the helm of the party.
"Advani aye to dekha jayanga (we will see if Advani returns at the helm of affairs)," Yadav told reporters before going to a JD(U) meeting meet at Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s official residence.
"We had fought 2009 elections projecting Advani as our Prime Ministerial candidate," Yadav, who announced resigning as NDA convenor yesterday, said.
He asked mediapersons to ask BJP leaders about this (Advani`s return at helm of party affairs).
"He (Advani) has been sidelined within the party," he said expressing pain for the veteran BJP leader.
The JD(U) president had announced break-up with NDA yesterday after walking together for 17 long years over elevation of Narendra Modi as campaign committee chief of BJP for 2014 elections.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar today accused its estranged ally of "betraying" and "cornering" elders in the party in an oblique reference to Advani over the Narendra Modi issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border