Will decide on Telangana after considering views: BJP
New Delhi: With the Telangana Bill expected to come up in Parliament during the session next month, main opposition BJP on Friday said it will decide on its stance after considering various views, particularly in the context of "justice" for Seemandhra region.
"We are studying the bill. Once the discussion in the (Andhra Pradesh) assembly is over, the central leadership will discuss and then take into consideration various view points and also suggestions by different people and then try to decide how to move about in the coming session of the Parliament," BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu told reporters here.
He said though the BJP is committed to the creation of Telangana out of Andhra Pradesh, BJP wants to "protect the interests of Seemandhra region" as well.
He accused the Congress party of dividing the people, instead of dividing the state.
"You cannot deal with such a sensitive, serious and emotional matter in such a casual manner. It is a matter that deserves highest consideration at every level," Naidu added.
He claimed that a section of Telangana leaders too raised apprehensions over the bill.
His comments assume significance as the government is inclined to bring the bill in Parliament during the resumed Winter session beginning February 5.
Asked about his party`s stand is the bill is tabled in the same format without any amendments, he evaded a direct reply saying the ball is in Congress court.
"Let them take the initiative and come forward what sorts of amendments they want to bring to the bill," he said.
Naidu alleged that Congress was speaking in two voices at state and the central level.
"What is the stand of Congress party? Why are they not speaking in one voice?... Do you have hidden agenda?" he asked the ruling party to explain.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Check cgbse.nic.in, www.cgbse.net 10th HS Results 2016 Chhattisgarh CG Board, CGBSE today at 10 AM
- Pakistani Sikhs open temple after 73 years, risking attacks
- 20 killed in Syria regime strike on Aleppo
- Donald Trump vows `America first` foreign policy
- Salah Abdeslam slapped with terror charges over Paris attacks