Will do everything to evacuate Indians from Japan: Govt
New Delhi: Amid fears of a nuclear
fallout in tsunami-hit Japan, the government today said
members of the Indian community would be evacuated depending
on the emerging situation in that country.
"Our ambassador in Japan has been in touch with the
Indian community there...depending upon the situation there,
the government will do everything possible...if it becomes
absolutely necessary, we can evacuate them," External Affairs
Minister S M Krishna told reporters outside Parliament House.
He said a final decision will depend on the "value
judgement" of both the Indian community and the ambassador.
With growing fears of a nuclear catastrophe in Japan,
IT majors TCS, Infosys and Wipro have offered their employees
there the option of coming back home while allowing local
workers to shift to safer locations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you