Will do more research on Gadkari`s business deals: Digvijay
New Delhi: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Monday appeared unfazed over the criminal defamation case filed against him by Nitin Gadkari and said he will now do more "research" on business deals of the BJP president.
"I will see when the summons come...I will have to do some more research now on his (Gadkari`s) business deals and those of his friends," Singh told a news agency over phone when asked about the case.
Gadkari today filed the criminal defamation case against the AICC General Secretary, saying Singh has "maligned" his reputation by levelling allegations that one of his alleged business partners has earned profit of around Rs 500 crore in the coal block allocations.
Earlier in the day, senior advocate Pinky Anand told a magistrate that Singh had recently made statement that Ajay Sancheti, an alleged business partner of her client (Gadkari), had earned a huge profit of around Rs 500 crore in the coal block allocations.
The counsel said Singh`s statement was widely circulated and covered by the media and the Congress leader had the "clear intention to malign the reputation of the complainant".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj