Will do more research on Gadkari`s business deals: Digvijay
New Delhi: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Monday appeared unfazed over the criminal defamation case filed against him by Nitin Gadkari and said he will now do more "research" on business deals of the BJP president.
"I will see when the summons come...I will have to do some more research now on his (Gadkari`s) business deals and those of his friends," Singh told a news agency over phone when asked about the case.
Gadkari today filed the criminal defamation case against the AICC General Secretary, saying Singh has "maligned" his reputation by levelling allegations that one of his alleged business partners has earned profit of around Rs 500 crore in the coal block allocations.
Earlier in the day, senior advocate Pinky Anand told a magistrate that Singh had recently made statement that Ajay Sancheti, an alleged business partner of her client (Gadkari), had earned a huge profit of around Rs 500 crore in the coal block allocations.
The counsel said Singh`s statement was widely circulated and covered by the media and the Congress leader had the "clear intention to malign the reputation of the complainant".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what