Will do more research on Gadkari`s business deals: Digvijay
New Delhi: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Monday appeared unfazed over the criminal defamation case filed against him by Nitin Gadkari and said he will now do more "research" on business deals of the BJP president.
"I will see when the summons come...I will have to do some more research now on his (Gadkari`s) business deals and those of his friends," Singh told a news agency over phone when asked about the case.
Gadkari today filed the criminal defamation case against the AICC General Secretary, saying Singh has "maligned" his reputation by levelling allegations that one of his alleged business partners has earned profit of around Rs 500 crore in the coal block allocations.
Earlier in the day, senior advocate Pinky Anand told a magistrate that Singh had recently made statement that Ajay Sancheti, an alleged business partner of her client (Gadkari), had earned a huge profit of around Rs 500 crore in the coal block allocations.
The counsel said Singh`s statement was widely circulated and covered by the media and the Congress leader had the "clear intention to malign the reputation of the complainant".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Indian cricketers are getting married in Twenty20 mode
- SDM report holds Ryan school guilty of Divyansh's death