Will do more research on Gadkari`s business deals: Digvijay
New Delhi: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Monday appeared unfazed over the criminal defamation case filed against him by Nitin Gadkari and said he will now do more "research" on business deals of the BJP president.
"I will see when the summons come...I will have to do some more research now on his (Gadkari`s) business deals and those of his friends," Singh told a news agency over phone when asked about the case.
Gadkari today filed the criminal defamation case against the AICC General Secretary, saying Singh has "maligned" his reputation by levelling allegations that one of his alleged business partners has earned profit of around Rs 500 crore in the coal block allocations.
Earlier in the day, senior advocate Pinky Anand told a magistrate that Singh had recently made statement that Ajay Sancheti, an alleged business partner of her client (Gadkari), had earned a huge profit of around Rs 500 crore in the coal block allocations.
The counsel said Singh`s statement was widely circulated and covered by the media and the Congress leader had the "clear intention to malign the reputation of the complainant".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata