Will ensure full security to North-East people: PM
New Delhi: Expressing deep concern over the exodus of North East people from cities in other parts of the country, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Friday said that the nation stands united with them.
Making a statement in the Rajya Sabha, Dr Singh said, “We need to work together and create an atmosphere so that people of North East feel secure and they are welcome in each and every part of this country.”
“I assure you we will do everything to ensure full security to our friends, children and citizens of North East feel secure in every part of this country.”
“This country belongs as much to them as it to us,” the Prime Minister added.
“If there are miscreants who are creating a sense of insecurity, I think they should be brought to justice,” the PM said.
Hordes of people from the North-East are leaving cities like Bangalore, Hyderabad and Mumbai after rumours spread that they will be attacked in retaliation to the communal clashes in Assam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video