Will ensure full security to North-East people: PM
New Delhi: Expressing deep concern over the exodus of North East people from cities in other parts of the country, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Friday said that the nation stands united with them.
Making a statement in the Rajya Sabha, Dr Singh said, “We need to work together and create an atmosphere so that people of North East feel secure and they are welcome in each and every part of this country.”
“I assure you we will do everything to ensure full security to our friends, children and citizens of North East feel secure in every part of this country.”
“This country belongs as much to them as it to us,” the Prime Minister added.
“If there are miscreants who are creating a sense of insecurity, I think they should be brought to justice,” the PM said.
Hordes of people from the North-East are leaving cities like Bangalore, Hyderabad and Mumbai after rumours spread that they will be attacked in retaliation to the communal clashes in Assam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says