Will ensure full security to North-East people: PM
New Delhi: Expressing deep concern over the exodus of North East people from cities in other parts of the country, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Friday said that the nation stands united with them.
Making a statement in the Rajya Sabha, Dr Singh said, “We need to work together and create an atmosphere so that people of North East feel secure and they are welcome in each and every part of this country.”
“I assure you we will do everything to ensure full security to our friends, children and citizens of North East feel secure in every part of this country.”
“This country belongs as much to them as it to us,” the Prime Minister added.
“If there are miscreants who are creating a sense of insecurity, I think they should be brought to justice,” the PM said.
Hordes of people from the North-East are leaving cities like Bangalore, Hyderabad and Mumbai after rumours spread that they will be attacked in retaliation to the communal clashes in Assam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy