Will ensure full security to North-East people: PM
New Delhi: Expressing deep concern over the exodus of North East people from cities in other parts of the country, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Friday said that the nation stands united with them.
Making a statement in the Rajya Sabha, Dr Singh said, “We need to work together and create an atmosphere so that people of North East feel secure and they are welcome in each and every part of this country.”
“I assure you we will do everything to ensure full security to our friends, children and citizens of North East feel secure in every part of this country.”
“This country belongs as much to them as it to us,” the Prime Minister added.
“If there are miscreants who are creating a sense of insecurity, I think they should be brought to justice,” the PM said.
Hordes of people from the North-East are leaving cities like Bangalore, Hyderabad and Mumbai after rumours spread that they will be attacked in retaliation to the communal clashes in Assam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Scientists reconstruct detailed 3D eyes from single photo
- Santander pips BBVA: Eurozone`s largest bank becomes La Liga's newest sponsors
- US sanctions target Assad regime's arms, finance networks
- Bastille Day killer had help preparing Nice attack, says Paris prosecutor
- Another milestone for captain marvellous: Virat Kohli completes 3000 Test runs