Will ensure full security to North-East people: PM
New Delhi: Expressing deep concern over the exodus of North East people from cities in other parts of the country, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Friday said that the nation stands united with them.
Making a statement in the Rajya Sabha, Dr Singh said, “We need to work together and create an atmosphere so that people of North East feel secure and they are welcome in each and every part of this country.”
“I assure you we will do everything to ensure full security to our friends, children and citizens of North East feel secure in every part of this country.”
“This country belongs as much to them as it to us,” the Prime Minister added.
“If there are miscreants who are creating a sense of insecurity, I think they should be brought to justice,” the PM said.
Hordes of people from the North-East are leaving cities like Bangalore, Hyderabad and Mumbai after rumours spread that they will be attacked in retaliation to the communal clashes in Assam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- UPSC issues e-admit cards for NDA, NA exams 2016
- West Indies vs India, 1st T20I: MS Dhoni admits execution of his last ball dismissal wrong
- Belgian Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton ready for slog from back of the field
- Traditional Indian diet dramatically cuts Alzheimer's risk
- Carnage in Florida: KL Rahul, Evin Lewis tons laid foundation for West Indies-India T20I run mountain