Will ensure proper electricity supply: Power Min Scindia
New Delhi: Newly appointed Power Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia said that his priorities will be to ensure proper electricity supply in the country.
Scindia, a young Congress MP from Madhya Pradesh, has been appointed as Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Power.
"Priorities will be to ensure that there is proper electric supply. Both the government and private electric companies work in tandem for the united goal of country`s progress," Scindia said.
He takes over the reins of the Power Ministry at a time when the sector is grappling with acute fuel shortages besides environmental hurdles, which are also hurting electricity generation in the country.
"I will also try to ensure coordination with Coal and Environment Ministries," Scindia said.
"As the UPA government vision, I will try to make sure that the remote areas of the country gets power supply. I will try to ensure growth in the sector," he noted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?