`Will explore diplomatic, legal options on marines`
Thiruvananthapuram: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has said Italy`s stand on the return of two of its marines to India to face the trial for killing two Indian fishermen has violated all norms of diplomatic discourse.
In a letter to Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy, he said he shared the sense of national outrage over Italy`s communication that the marines will not return to India and said all diplomatic and legal options would be explored to bring the duo back to India to face the trial.
The Prime Minister also made it clear that the stand of Italy in this regard was not acceptable to India and added they have violated all rules of diplomatic discourse and has cast a shadow on the relationship between the two countries.
The Supreme Court had permitted the marines to leave India for four weeks on the basis of an undertaking given by the Italian Ambassador who assumed full responsibility for their return to India.
The marines of the Italian ship "Enrica Lexie" Massimilliano Latore and Salvatore Girn were permitted by the Supreme Court on February 22 to go to Italy for four weeks for voting in election but Italian government has informed India that they would not return.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi