Will expose owners holding benami flats in Adarsh: Digvijay
Indore: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Saturday said he would soon expose "real owners" who are allegedly holding benami flats in controversial Adarsh building.
Adarsh, the 31-storey highrise in south Mumbai, became the centre of controversy following allegations that ineligible persons, including politicians and bureaucrats among others, had got membership to the society.
"I will soon release names of real owners who own flats in Adarsh Housing Society," Singh told reporters.
Taking a swipe at BJP president Nitin Gadkari over controversy surrounding flowing of funds into the companies that invested in Poorti Sugar and Power Limited (PSPL) promoted by him, Singh said, "Adarsh ke tale bhi koi driver ho sakta hai...(There can be a benami flat registered in someone else`s name in Adarsh Society as well)".
He was referring to media reports claiming that Gadkari`s driver was a director in one of the companies.
On Ashok Chavan, Singh said, "he was asked to step down as Maharashtra chief minister after it came to light that some of his relatives owned flats in the highrise.
Adarsh was builders cooperative society and not run by the state government."
The former Madhya Pradesh chief minister alleged that BJP-ruled Chhattisgarh government had allocated a coal block to party MP Ajay Sancheti`s firm even though it did not fulfil the criteria for conducting commercial mining.
"Gadkari ki pol khul gayee hai...Unke Sancheti parivar se sambandh hain..( Gadkari stands exposed...He has relations with Sancheti family)," he alleged.
Even a CAG report for 2010-11 had pulled up the Raman Singh government over the allocation, Singh said.
On allegations of financial irregularities in a trust run by Union Minister Salman Khurshid and that of corruption against former Himachal Pradesh chief minister Virbhadra Singh, he said they had clarified their respective positions.
Singh also denied allegations of murkier transactions involving Robert Vadra and real estate company DLF.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Warning message on banned sites: ISPs run into technical issue
- M&M launches DiGiSense platform to access vital vehicle info
- Oil falls amid supply glut, lower prospects of output freeze
- UN verified Dawood's Pak addresses, wife, father's name, aliases; high time it extradites him: MEA
- Injured Cristiano Ronaldo absent from Portugal squad for World Cup 2018 qualifying round