Will gift PM a set of saffron clothes: Uma
Varanasi: Taking pot shots at the prime minister, firebrand BJP leader Uma Bharati on Wednesday said if Manmohan Singh quits public life over allegations of corruptions she would gift him saffron robes.
The Bharatiya Janata Party leader was commenting on Prime Minister`s statement that if charges of graft levelled by Team Anna members were proved, he would quit public life.
"If the Prime Minister is serious about his statement, I will welcome him to `political sanyas` by gifting him a set of saffron robes," Bharati said on the sidelines of a programme she had come to attend in this temple town.
Legislator from Uttar Pradesh`s Charkhari seat, Bharati said all the talks of a corruption free government by the Congress at the centre were a hogwash and she did not take the statement by the prime minister seriously.
Attacking the Prime Minister, she said he should also take a holy dip in the river Ganges after he quits public life.
The Prime Minister on Tuesday had rebutted the attack by Team Anna members on the `Coal Gate` scam and had dared them to prove the charges and had told reporters that he would quit public life if any of the charges was proved against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement