`Will give a befitting reply to Naxals`
Raipur: Demonstrating a renewed resolve to eliminate red terror, Chhattisgarh Director General of Police Viswa Ranjan said that the security forces will give a befitting reply to the Naxals for killing 76 jawans in Dantewada.
“Naxals have to pay very hard now. We would give a befitting riposte. It would be very well though out. We will surprise them,’ he said while interacting with the media on Thursday.
Elaborating on the strategy to take on the Maoists, who are well entrenched in the jungles, the top cop said that the forces will continue with the operations with more alertness.
Stressing that there is no single dimension to such operations; he revealed a four-pronged strategy to tackle spread of Naxal terror.
“Area domination exercises would be made more intense. Surgical strike will be carried out. More complex operations are being planned and will focus on dismantling their camps,” Viswa Ranjan said.
On the perception that the dastardly ambush happened because of a lack of coordination between the state police and the central paramilitary forces, the DGP clarified that it was a misconception.
“The problem of coordination is talked by many who don’t know about the ground situation,” he retorted.
On the reasons behind the failure of the CRPF battalion to recognise the trap laid out for them by the Maoists, he said that even the best of forces would have found it difficult.
The state police chief said, “It was a well lad out ambush. CRPF men couldn’t recognise the ambush points as it was multi-layered.”
He however cautioned against the tendency to jump into conclusions, the DGP stressed that the need of the hour is to analyze the reasons behind the debacle.
“We must analyze what went wrong. We must learn from it so that we don’t fall into such traps again.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations